JOB SUMMARY: Medically Enhanced Supportive Housing is an advocacy & housing service for adults with a serious mental illness and chronic/serious medical diagnoses. The LPN is responsible for facilitating recovery and to help consumers manage both their medical & psychiatric illnesses as effectively as possible.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide education to consumers & other Team members regarding diagnoses, nutrition, medication, & the mind-body connection.
2. Provide on-going assessment of consumers' health & communicate this with the consumer & other Team members.
2. Monitor blood sugars of consumers with diabetes
3.Teach insulin administration
4.Monitor blood pressure & weight
5. Assist consumers with making doctors' appointments & accompany the consumer as needed.
6. Administer IM medications
7. Carry out the activities specified in the Plan of Care & Recovery Plan
8. Physically assist consumers in daily activities as needed.
9. Assist consumers in making linkages with community support/education groups
10. Report concerns & consumers' status to RN & other MESH Team members
11. Be an advocate for the consumers and a contributing member of the MESH Team.