Coordinator Facility Operations (Recreation Center)
Definition and Purpose
Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director- Facility Operations (Recreation Center), the Coordinator - Facility Operations is responsible for the daily housekeeping, facility presentation, and event needs of the Recreation Center. This includes management oversight of Student Managers, Student Supervisors, and Building Services Student Assistants. This also includes management responsibility for the Sports Complex and Dooer Family Field. Certain non-specialized Coordinator duties and assignments are fluid and are periodically reviewed and revised based on program philosophy, professional development, and staff needs.
Additionally, all ASI employees are responsible for upholding the core values of the organization including but not limited to exhibiting professional behavior, acting as a role model to others, displaying a positive and cooperative attitude, communicating effectively, developing expert knowledge in area of specialization, and working together as a team.
Educational and Qualifying Experience, Skills, Licenses, Credentials
- Graduation from a four-year college or university (8 years applicable experience may be substituted for educational requirement).
- Current American Red Cross certification in the following: Adult CPR, AED, and First Aid.
- Must hold a CA driver's license with a driving record acceptable to ASI insurance underwriters.
- Minimum three (3) years experience, five (5) years preferred that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Minimum two (2) years experience overseeing daily custodial and maintenance functions in a large facility environment.
- Experience in budgeting and fiscal management.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Working knowledge of correct English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- General knowledge of office methods, equipment, procedures, and practices.
- Knowledge of Windows-based computer systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and written; strong public speaking ability.
- Ability to establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with staff, students, faculty and others.
- Demonstrated skills in group supervision/leadership.
- Ability to gather and analyze complex data and situations in order to draw valid conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of safety standards and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others on diverse teams.
- Working knowledge and understanding of financial record-keeping methods, procedures and practice.
- Knowledge of appropriate, safe cleaning practices for a large scale facility.
- General mechanical aptitude on equipment and building maintenance.
- Working knowledge of the practices, procedures and activities of student personnel development and programming.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to a diverse campus population.
- Directly supervise Facilities Student Manager, Facilities Student Supervisors, Building Services Student Manager, Building Services Student Assistants, Field Supervision Student Manager, and Field Supervisors.
- Facilitate meetings, conduct performance evaluations, establish goals, and monitor day-to-day operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet with different areas within ASI to ensure the needs of the customers are met.
- Respond directly to and address participant/customer concerns and problems.
Recreation Center Operations Oversight
- Shares oversight of housekeeping operations of the Recreation Center with the Assistant Director - Facility Operations, ensuring a clean and presentable facility on a daily basis. The Assistant Director supervises full-time custodial staff and has ultimate responsibility. The Coordinator - Facility Operations supervises the student staff.
- Oversee the daily opening and closing of the facility, ensuring consistent procedures.
- Oversee the daily operation of the facility, ensuring policy compliance, facility care, event related assistance, and risk management awareness.
- Coordinate ordering, shipping and receiving and delivery of supplies and materials.
- Submit Service Requests and Building Permits with Cal Poly Facility Services to schedule necessary trades work in the University Union.
- Research materials and equipment for facility improvements.
- Implement facility improvements as directed.
- Work closely with Coordinator- Event Management, and the Coordinator- Event Logistics to ensure that all reservations are properly planned for, and appropriate staffing levels support the scheduled activities.
- Act as liaison for the Recreation Center, assisting in additional event support.
- Interpret University policies when providing information to faculty, staff, students, and off-campus individuals regarding events being held on campus.
- Assist in development, preparation and monitoring of the budget for specific program areas.
- Assist in development and implementation of program meetings, retreats, and workshops for staff training and development.
- Coordinate work schedules and work assignments to meet the overall operations objectives.
Sports Complex Operations Oversight
- Coordinate Field Supervisor work schedules and work assignments to meet the overall operations objectives.
- Coordinate Field Supervisor training programs to ensure a knowledgeable and educated supervisory staff.
- Administer regular facility safety audits.
- Work with university maintenance staff to ensure that the Sports Complex is maintained to a high level, meeting the needs of multiple programs.
- Effectively work with campus departments to communicate operational expectations, access details, and policies.
- Administer regular facility safety audits.
- Assure compliance with and monitor appropriate facility safety and risk management practices.
- Develop and implement safety and health training.
- Keep current on Cal-OSHA mandates and ergonomic requirements.
- Work with ASI Safety Committee to ensure safety procedures are in place and followed by all staff.
- Ensure appropriate safety and supervision for all scheduled events.
- Coordinate Practical Emergency Scenario Assessment drills for staff.
- Develop and maintain emergency call down lists for all ASI managed facilities.
- Develop and execute assessment of programs and/or services for areas of responsibility including, but not limited to, setting and implementing goals, evaluating outcomes, and ongoing enhancement.
- Participate in the overall ASI assessment planning and goal setting.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent ASI on committees as appropriate.
- Attend and participate in meetings as necessary.
- Ensure continuous professional development.
- The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in ASI policy as a condition of their employment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Annual Salary: $52,794.00
Long Term Disability Insurance
Public Employees' Retirement System (CalPERS)
Social Security (FICA)
Paid State Holidays
Workers' Compensation Insurance
Premium Overtime: No
Shift Differential: No
Date of Last Equity Review: 2/3/18
The Associated Students, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Date revised: 3/15/18
This position may require sitting, standing, walking, bending over, reaching overhead, kneeling, balancing, lifting or carrying up to 25 pounds, repetitive use of hands/arms, eye/hand coordination, driving company cars and/or trucks, being around chemicals and/or machinery, and walking on uneven ground.
Environmental factors include working inside, outside, around hazards, change of temperature, dirty, dusty, noisy, working with others and working around others.