Tuknik Government Services is seeking a 508 Compliance Analyst to work with our Federal client in Washington DC. This is a direct, full-time position supporting TGS and our government client.
The successful candidate will act as the Section 508 Compliance Analyst for a Federal client, and will support a team that performs 508 compliance on a variety of websites and documentation. This position will work within a small team in defining and implementing best practices for conducting 508 compliance for our Federal client.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities & Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with the examination process of website files for currency and for compliancy
- Remediate non-compliant Word, PowerPoint and other high-value documents
- Create compliant document templates for application guides and other major documents
- Serve as a compliancy tester for web documents
- Assist with the development of a document compliance strategy for web documents
- Promote section 508 training opportunities for webmasters in Microsoft Word and other applications
- Advise authors, content developers, and staff on how to ensure documents are compliant.
- Bachelor's degree or certification
- 3 years' consulting experience
- Direct experience with developing, designing and testing websites to ensure conformance to section 508 accessibility standards
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills, coupled with the ability to assess business requirements
- Good understanding of HTML and CSS
- Operational knowledge of assistive technologies used for web browsing, such as screen readers (JAWS, NVDA), screen magnification software (ZoomText), or speech-direct software (Dragon Naturally Speaking)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with high attention to detail and the ability to communicate complex topics concisely
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to effectively interact with multiple stakeholders within clients and internal teams
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
Previous experience with Federal consulting preferred.
Working Environment & Conditions
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The work load may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, perform simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move items that weigh up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required for the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our website, please contact Heaven Wood via e-mail at email@example.com or by calling 703-488-9377 to request accommodations.
Pursuant to PL 93-638, as amended, Preference will be given to qualified applicants who are member of a Federally Recognized Native American Tribe