Please include cover letter and resume in the application.
Position Summary: Oversee all trail operations (both winter and summer) including supervising staff, working with machinery and hand tools, etc to implement the SMR Trails Plan. Operate winter grooming equipment to provide a quality experience.
Essential Functions / Requirements:
- Three years minimum experience in trail construction
- Three years minimum experience with equipment operation (snowmobile, snow cat, ATV, excavator, bobcats, etc).
- Ability to be a working leader in the field and participate daily in a physical 8 hour trail work day.
- Be able to lift up to 75lbs.
- Required to work in all environments including outdoors in cold and snowy weather.
- Outstanding organizational, managerial, and supervisory skills.
- Be able to know trail hand work tools and efficiently use them.
- Be experienced on power tools and power equipment and have basic carpentry skills.
- Be certified or able to achieve safe chainsaw certification. (US Forest Service or similar)
- Work as a team member and strive for a safe work environment.
- Know and understand IMBA trail building standards for sustainable trail systems.
- Train, schedule, supervise and evaluate trail crew under the guidance of the Nordic Director.
- Ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience developing managing and implementing construction budgets.
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
- Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- Possess and maintain current certifications in First Aid, CPR and AED administration.
- Must possess a valid, USA state issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English clearly, concisely, and fluently.
Other Functions / Requirements:
- Be a willing, active and enthusiastic participant in YMCA of the Rockies functions.
- Carpentry/Mechanical skills, Trail Mapping experience, and snow making experience a plus.
- Participate in the Association Safety Program by becoming a Program Safety Officer.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Support the overall success of the Program Department by implementing the Trails Master Plan.
- Rebuild and improve the current trail system.
- Produce a quality experience for Nordic members and guests with exceptional grooming.
- Outstanding and productive staff members who are growing through their YMCA experience.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
This is a full-time, year-round, hourly position paying $17/hour with full benefits, including:
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Participation in the YMCA retirement plan
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) is located on the western side of the Rocky Mountain National Park, in a more remote area of Colorado known as the Fraser Valley, near Granby and Winter Park. In the winter, SMR is home to one of the largest Nordic ski areas in the country, with over 100 km of trails on the 5000-acre property. Winters at SMR can last up to eight months, but for winter enthusiasts, there is no place like it, with days and days of powder. In the summertime, SMR is surrounded by back-country forests and trails, with opportunities to get your boots or wheels in the dirt for many hours of fun.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call Kathy Mead at 970-887-2152 ext. 4013, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.