The Taliesin West Special Events Director assists Foundation departments with selling, planning, coordinating and communicating internal and external events at Taliesin West including symposia, conferences, arts presentations, meetings and more. Attends and manages events from set up to close including budgets, vendor relationships, and staffing oversight.
* Work with executive team and senior leadership to ensure strategic goals ad objectives are accomplished.
* Develop and oversee all aspects of conference/special event planning including internal events and functions. Make recommendations and decisions about format and logistics of the gatherings, pricing for facility rentals, and selling Taliesin West as an event destination.
* Meet with external stakeholders (e.g., Experience Scottsdale, Visit Arizona, hoteliers, etc.) to build awareness of Taliesin West for community/corporate events,
* Partner with internal marketing team members to create content and promotional materials.
* Implement and monitor event planning procedures including budget, venue, catering, tickets, publicity and volunteers.
* Partner with contracts administrator to obtain any contractual documents related to events for review by COO/VP of Finance.
* Contact caterers, entertainment, and any other necessary event-related companies to determine menus and music, negotiate prices, and coordiate schedules for internal events; coordinate vendors with external event planners for security, admittance, timing, facility use guidelines, etc.
* Work with Human Resources to coordinate volunteers, other staffing, and overall scheduling.
* Attend all events to direct staff including volunteers and outside vendors to ensure events are executed in an efficient manner; expedite all problems and emergencies.
* Ensure that all materials/equipment required for events are in place; rectify any defiencies.
* Conduct post-event evaluation and ROI analysis.
* Other duties as assigned.