Job Title: Therapeutic Behavioral Service Specialist- Lorain County
Position Description: The Therapeutic Behavioral Service (TBS) Specialist, under the administrative/clinical supervision of the Clinical Supervisor, provides Therapeutic Behavioral Services to clients, their families, and/or significant others as needed. He or she transitions clients in community settings and works to provide support – including education and consultation – for parents and/or caregivers, case coordination, and symptom management and monitoring. The TBS Specialist is expected to meet the program’s productivity target for billable service each week. Services take place in the home and in the community. Work hours are flexible, some evenings may apply.
- A Bachelor's or Master's Degree in social work, psychology, nursing, or related human services field.
- A valid driver's license, vehicle, and auto insurance coverage.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to perform job responsibilities with a high degree of initiative and independent judgment.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a team as well as independently.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations with complex psychiatric needs and experience working with children, adolescents, and their families.
Benefits of working at Applewood Centers include:
- A friendly, professional and appreciated staff
- Working with a team committed to the well-being of others
- Career growth
- Staff recognition
- Year round free CEU trainings
- Northeast Ohio is a great place to live and work http://www.neoisgreat.com/
About Applewood Centers: From our roots as a school, an orphanage and a guidance clinic, through our evolution to the large behavioral health and social service organization we are today, our services for children and families have spanned over 175 years. In the early days, we schooled and cared for approximately 25 children. Today we serve nearly 6,000 children and their families each year. Our Mission is to foster solutions for children, youth and families. Applewood Centers’ vision is to be a leader in improving the lives of children in Ohio by providing high quality behavioral healthcare and out-of-home services for children and their families.
For more information on our agency and the services we provide, we invite you to visit us at www.applewoodcenters.org.
Check out our recruitment video to learn more about a career with Applewood Centers!
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.