The Audit Senior is responsible for overseeing audit, review and compilation engagements and is responsible for resolving most accounting issues that arise during these engagements under the guidance of the Audit Manager and or the Audit Director. The individual will perform some engagements with minimal supervision and will direct staff and instruct them in the work to be performed, review the work completed by the staff and direct necessary revisions.
Essential Job Functions:
Supervising the work of audit staff including reviewing their work and provide on the job training
Conduct basic, specialized and complex financial, operational and compliance audits under the direction of the audit director.
Perform risk assessment prior to the beginning of an audit engagement.
Prepare the most complex work papers, to adequately document accounting & audit work performed and to support the conclusions reached.
Prepare draft of financial statements and management letters. Will be expected to wrap up the engagement in a timely manner.
Perform reviews and compilations
Report progress of the audit, compilation or review engagement to both Audit Manager and Audit Director regularly
Perform audit or review procedures as assigned by the Audit Managers or Audit Director
Conduct research, prepare memorandums and summarize findings
Demonstrate ability to assume responsibility for supervision of the daily fieldwork of engagements and client contact
Prepare very complex individual, trust and business tax returns
Prepare an evaluation of the staff on the engagement at the end of the engagement but give guidance to the staff when necessary during the engagement.
Perform other miscellaneous duties and special projects as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• B.S. in Accounting or Finance
• CPA preferred
• 3-5 years of progressive accounting & audit experience in public accounting
• Minimum of 1 year leading audits
• Experience preparing tax returns is a huge plus
• Experience with for-profit and non-for-profit clients
• Outstanding written, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills
• Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
• Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced and results based environment
• Strong leadership, business development, training, coaching and mentoring skills
This position is currently not accepting applications.
To search for an open position, please go to http://OstrowReisinBerkAndAbrams.appone.com