Physical Therapist Part-Time
Are you looking for a rewarding opportunity working with children with special needs? Do you want to join a multi-disciplinary team with a strengths-based approach, emphasizing applied behavior analysis and positive behavior supports?
If you answered YES to either of these questions, then consider joining our Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health team!
Physical Therapist responsibilities include:
- Facilitates the development and rehabilitation of students with mental, emotional and physical disabilities by planning and administering medically prescribed physical therapy.
- Demonstrates the ability to structure the unit physical and social environment so that every interaction and activity within the treatment program promotes positive goal-directed responses and/or social interactions from the client and facilitates thepsychotherapeutic goals of treatment.
- Demonstrates the ability to purposefully manage and use the structured environment as an instrument for treatment in promoting desired behaviors, encouraging a sense of responsibility and self-control, and fostering optimal functioning in activities of daily living and interpersonal interactions (environmental / milieu therapy).
- Promotes maximum independence by selecting and constructing therapies according to individual’s physical capacity, intelligence level, and interest.
- Evaluates results of physical therapy by observing, noting and evaluating students’ progress; recommends and implements adjustments and modifications.
- Consults with physicians, nurses, social workers, and other health care workers; contributes to student conferences.
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health PA Children’s IDD Services, located in West Chester, Pennsylvania, provides a variety of assessment, treatment, and educational services to male and female children and adolescents (6-21 years of age) with diagnoses of intellectual disabilities, autism spectrum disorders, and concomitant psychiatric and behavioral challenges. Services are provided in residential programs, specialized treatment foster care homes, an approved private school, and an Autism Assessment Center. Assessment and interventions are based on best practice standards for the clinical populations served. Research, quality improvement, and training activities at the CIDDS are also supported by our national Institute of Clinical and Professional Training and Research in Villanova, Pennsylvania. The overarching goal of Devereux CIDDS is to provide services to support the development of necessary skills so that each referred individual can maximize his/her potential and live as productive, socially connected, and personally fulfilled member of his or her community.
About Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is one of the largest and most advanced behavioral healthcare organizations in the country. Informed by the latest advancements in science and medicine, we combine evidence-based interventions with compassionate family engagement to help change lives. We were founded in 1912 by special education pioneer, Helena Devereux. Today, Devereux is a national nonprofit partner for individuals, families, schools and communities, serving many of the most vulnerable members of our society in areas of autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, specialty mental health, and child welfare.
Our Mission: Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health changes lives – by unlocking and nurturing human potential for people living with emotional, behavioral or cognitive differences.
We employ more than 7,000 staff and operate 15 centers in 13 states. We offer a comprehensive national network of clinical, therapeutic, educational, and employment programs and services that positively impact the lives of tens of thousands of children, adults and their families every year.
Competitive Salary and Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health provides a comprehensive health and wellness program to eligible full-time employees, family members and domestic partners. Our health and wellness programs include medical, dental, prescription drug, preventative care, mental health services and an employee assistance / work-life balance program. In addition, we offer generous time-off and a 403(b) retirement plan, along with voluntary/employee paid vision, supplemental life and accident coverage to full-time employees.
Click on the following link to see why we are a great place to work: http://benefits.devereux.org.
Keywords: physical therapist, PT
|We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will consider applicants for this position without regard to any category protected by applicable federal, state or local law, including but not limited to race, religion, sex, color, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, national origin, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or uniform service member status.
Devereux is a drug-free workplace, drug testing required. EOE