Matheson Flight Extenders
Matheson Flight Extenders is seeking a THS Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ . Matheosn specializes in terminal handling and ground support services for the United States Postal Service (USPS) and other commercial carriers. Today we serve 16 cities across the United States.The THS Supervisor is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the activities assigned to Matheson Flight Extenders. The THS Supervisor is responsible for providing premiere services to internal and external customers.
- Analyze expenditures and other financial information to develop plans, policies, or budgets for increasing profits or improving services.
- Implement schedule and policy changes.
- Monitor operations to ensure that staff members comply with administrative policies and procedures, safety rules, contracts, and government regulations.
- Monitor spending to ensure that expenses are consistent with approved budgets.
- Plan, organize, or manage the work of subordinate staff to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements.
- Responsible for enforcing operationaland safety policies and procedures
- Complete all reports as required by management
- Fills in for Station Manager during the managers absence
- Counsels, disciplines and coaches employees as required
- Conducts employee training
- Establishes and maintains employee work schedules to ensure adequate staffing. This may include monitoring attendance, tracking shifts, correcting payroll errors and making adjustments as needed
- Insures pre-trip vehicle inspections are completed as required
- Reports any vehicle or equipment failures to management
- Monitors preventative maintenance schedules
- Sets up the operations floor by operation type
- Conducts pre-work operations briefings
- Inspects and inventories station scanners for operations
- Monitors and records the movement of Registered and Con-Con mail
- Communicates with customers to remove impediments to operations
- Conducts required Pre-Work Stretching exercises
- Conducts weekly safety meetings
- Monitors and ensures employee demonstrates safety and compliance at all times when working
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform, the essential functions:
Physical demands: While performing duties of this job, employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee will frequently work in outdoor environments exposed to the elements and prevailing weather conditions.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and is not an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with it.
Matheson Flight Extenders is an EOE.