Koniag Government Services is seeking a Senior Compensation Analyst for our office in Chantilly, VA. The Analyst is responsible for all elements of compensation for employees of the Koniag Government Services Sector including compliance, the administration of current programs and the strategy and design of new programs.
We offer competitive compensation and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, three weeks paid time off, and more.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct job evaluations, including editing and/or writing job descriptions
- Provide compensation recommendations for base and variable pay to ensure compensation decisions are driven by market data
- Conduct job evaluations, market pricing, managing annual salary surveys, annual salary planning and salary structure review.
- Meet with company managers and executives to explore potential solutions to their compensation related questions.
- Participate in compensation budget planning activities
- Evaluate positions to determine classification and salary
- Develop and document procedures to streamline processes and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Oversight of Performance Management system and process
- Assist HR managers and other managers with compensation related issues.
- Responsible for audits
- Responsible for tracking compensation data within the HRIS system.
- Establish and maintain knowledge of the businesses and internal team processes and initiatives to provide context for data gathering, reporting and recommending solutions
- Develop strong partnerships with HR business partners, recruiting and business leaders in the organization in order to identify and solve compensation related issues and provide consulting expertise
- Conduct research, analyze data and identify trends in compensation
- Continually review current practices and policies to ensure best practices are being utilized
- Assist in developing and delivering training and programs and presentation for educating HR staff and managers about compensation related topics and initiatives
- Administer annual, long term and recognition incentive programs including communication and calculation of awards.
- Collaborate with HR and business leaders on the development and execution of all compensation related initiatives
- Assist in other areas of HR when surge needs arise; for example, recruiting or onboarding.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- PHR/SPHR certification
- 5 years compensation related experience
- Must have excellent written/verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal/organizational skills.
- Knowledgeable with HRIS systems.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple tasks.
- A motivated self-starter who has the ability to project and anticipate future organizational needs of the organization.
- The ability to see the big picture and to orchestrate the building of an infrastructure to support Koniag and family of companies’ expansion.
Working Environment & Conditions
This job operates in a professional office environment and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The work load may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, do simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our website, please contact Heaven Wood via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 703-488-9377 to request accommodations.