As a standalone company, Delphi Technologies is positioned for continued growth, the ability to develop more focused and distinct business models, and now has flexibility to pursue our unique strategic plans to capitalize on industry trends.
Delphi Technologies Powertrain provides integration of full end-to-end gasoline and diesel engine management systems including fuel handling, fuel injection, combustion, electronic controls, test and validation capabilities, electric and hybrid electric vehicle power electronics, aftermarket and original equipment services. Powertrain designs solutions to optimize powertrain power and performance, while helping customers meet new emissions and fuel economy regulations.
Join the Powertrain team as we embark on this exciting transition and become an independent company with a passionate focus on innovative technologies and a commitment to make green possible.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer. This position is located in Kokomo, IN.
Selected candidate will analyze, design, and test Power Electronics Inverter Systems for Hybrid and Electric Vehicles.
• Mechanical Design of Power Electronics Products (Components and Assemblies)
• Mechanical design of power electronics assemblies
• Mechanical design of custom components within power electronics assemblies
• Concept design, 3D modeling, and detail design
• Depending on experience level, lead or support the following activities:
o Conceptual design of assembly – mechanical architecture of electrical circuits, coolant flow, thermal management, robustness to durability requirements
o Cost analysis and selection of different design options
o Create verification plan and perform/support testing as required
o Finite element analysis of heat transfer, coolant flow/pressure, vibration modal analysis, fatigue analysis
o Dimensional tolerance strategy and print review
o Tolerance stack-up analysis
o Hands-on form/fit/function verification of prototype components, sub-assemblies, and final assembly
o Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (DFMEA)
o Structured problem solving
o Design for manufacturability
o Product design reviews
• Understand customer specifications and requirements
• Customer interfacing – daily interaction with engineering counterpart, management presentations, and written communication
• Kick-off quoting activities and participate in supplier selection
• Support validation activities including root cause analysis and corrective action of failures
• Support Production Line start-up during product launch
• Comply with Change Management Process, Product Development Process, and all other business processes and work rules
• Establish good working relationships with suppliers and customers