AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals – SEFM (Summer 2018)
Location: Newark, DE
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines, primarily for the treatment of cardiovascular, metabolic, respiratory, inflammation, autoimmune, oncology, infection and neuroscience diseases. AstraZeneca operates in over 100 countries and its innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide. For more information please visit www.astrazeneca.com.
Summary of Primary Responsibilities:
The Site Engineering and Facilities Management (SEFM) team is responsible for the design, procurement, installation, operation and the life cycle management of the site systems and assets. Through effective system ownership and a continuous improvement environment, working in self directed teams, the group provides safe, reliable and compliant delivery and operation of the Newark Production and Facility Systems. Key elements of the role include:
- Accountability for delivering engineering activities across their assigned areas of Facilities, Packaging or Formulation Systems.
- Development of continuous improvement projects to deliver both cost savings and energy reductions.
- Support delivery of capital upgrades to Site as either the assigned Project Manager and/or the Customer/System Owner.
Work with Engineers in delivering projects and continuous improvement efforts across SEFM systems via:
- Ensuring projects are designed and installed in compliance with all company standards, SOP policies and guidelines. All design and construction complies with all Regulatory Agencies, Safety, Health and Environmental codes and regulations
- Delivery or development of project justification and engineering proposals including budget and spend management
- Implement technical training requirements for Operations/Engineering/Maintenance for new and existing processes/equipment
- Deviation investigations, CAPA mitigation, and resolution
- Sustainability initiatives and energy management and conservation.
- Design documentation ownership including, SOP’s, PMs, drawings, etc.
- Business Case Development in support of Capital Project Submittals; includes cost-benefit analysis