Intern: MedImmune Analytical Sciences
Business Development Intern
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca, a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of small molecule and biologic prescription medicines. MedImmune is pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas, including respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity; cardiovascular and metabolic disease; oncology; neuroscience; and infection and vaccines.
We are currently seeking candidates who are working towards obtaining a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology, Developmental Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Biological Sciences, Mechanical Engineering or a related major for an internship during the summer of 2018. This internship opportunity is with the Analytical Sciences department.
The objectives of this internship are:
- Develop liquid handling technologies and methodologies in Bioassays and Residual Impurity assays
- Automation of bioassays towards development of time and cost-efficient assays
- Conduct feasibility and proof-of-concept studies on Hamilton, High-Res, and Echo technologies for potency assays and ELISA-based immunoassays
- Evaluate the feasibility of Echo liquid handling technologies for bioassays and residual impurity assays for monoclonal antibodies and antibody drug conjugates
- Compare automation platforms such as Hamilton STAR, High-Res, and Echo for their efficiency in performing immunoassays
- Culture and maintenance of cell lines for method development
- Qualification of new methods
- Communication with cross functional teams on method development planning and implementation
- Write development reports and present results in internal meetings and posters