Matheson Flight Extenders is looking for Part-Time Material Handlers for our terminal.
Material Handlers who are committed to providing quality service in the most effective and efficient manner are invited to join our family!
Matheson Flight Extenders is a division of Matheson, Inc. We specialize in terminal handling and ground support services for the United States Postal Service (USPS) and other commercial carriers. Today we serve 28 cities across the United States. Matheson has been a partner to the USPS for over 50 years, and we are invite you to join us in continuing the tradition of service.
Material Handlers are responsible for reading work orders and following oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved. Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, by hand.
- Material Handlers must ensure timeliness; packaging, routing, and systems work is completed accurately and timely
- Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area. Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet.
- Ensure safe work environment
- Participates in stand up activities
- Completes tasks by following pre-established procedures
- Follows detailed and defined instructions
- Applies basic skills and may develop advanced skills using tools and equipment appropriate for the position
- Must be flexible in "timely" transactions when moved to different work areas throughout the day
- Resolves task-related problems in straightforward situations
- Must be able to adhere to productivity goals
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
One to three months related experience and/or training
Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Tuesday - Sunday
5:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Days may vary
10:00 PM - 4:30 AM
*** Start and end times may vary depending on operational demands***
Compensation: Hourly USPS Wage Determination ($15.41) plus Health & Welfare ($3.96).
Health & Welfare (H&W) is paid 'in lieu of benefits' in an amount designated by the Wage Determination. (H&W is paid on the first 40 hours worked each week. H&W is not paid on OT hours.)
Matheson Inc. is an Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity Employer.