Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1 - General and Administrative
* Budget: Prepares annual budget for Grocery Dept. in conjunction with Store Manager.
* Conducts quarterly review for adjustments in budget.
* Ensures that the Co-op's policies and procedures are enforced and administered in a timely fashion recommending any changes warranted.
2 - Operations
* Coordinates the transfer of product to other Co-op locations, as needed.
* Directs departmental operations, ensuring profitability and customer satisfaction.
* Responsible for Grocery Dept. inventory, ordering and vendor relations. Responsible for stocking and merchandising all department areas. Ensures proper signage and clean, attractive displays.
* Attends regular meetings with merchandiser and Store Manager. Conducts regular meetings with Grocery Department. Sets operational agendas with Store Manager.
* Plans and implements merchandising strategies including weekly specials, demos, sampling events, and special promotions with Store Manager, Category Merchandiser, Member Services staff and other Dept. Op. Managers when appropriate.
* Contributes ideas for new products, techniques and systems to improve Grocery operations.
* Monitors rotation of product to ensure product freshness.
* Ensures high level of customer service, listens and responds to complaints and suggestions from all to improve Grocery Dept. performance.
3 - Employee Relations
* Responsible for hiring, training, scheduling, performance evaluation, promotion, retention and dismissal of Grocery staff in consultation with HR Director.
* Establishes and maintains positive relations with members, Board of Directors and all other Co-op staff.
* Adheres to the Managers Code of Conduct.