The Family Reservations Agent makes and processes individual and family reservations for cabins and lodge rooms for both Estes Park Center (EPC) and Snow Mountain Ranch (SMR) from start to finish and resolves problems as they develop.
- Develop a working knowledge of cabin and lodge room types, locations, donors and differences for EPC and SMR.
- Make reservations for individuals, families and members/attendees of conference groups and family reunions, by telephone, in person and through the mail For EPC and SMR.
- Process reservations through detailed paperwork, data input, documentation and filing.
- Post reservation deposits and track those that are still owed. Forfeit and/or refund deposits when necessary. Balance out daily.
- Monitor and modify reservations in order to avoid mid-stay room moves (transfers), to accommodate guest requests and to maximize cabin and lodge room revenue.
- Provide general and reservation information and answer questions by telephone, in person and through email correspondence.
- Be in contact with the Housekeeping, Buildings and Grounds and Guest Registration departments regarding cabin and lodge room problems and special needs/requests of guests.
- Set an example for staff to follow regarding attitude, politeness and responsiveness to guests and staff.
- Help in any other areas as necessary to assure a smooth flowing and efficient business and reservation operation.
- Relieve at EXO Switchboard/Reception Desk as needed.
- Participate in the YMCA of the Rockies Safety Program and attend Safety Trainings as required
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies' Mission Statement and reflect the core values in all interactions: Caring, Honesty, Responsibility, Respect and Faith.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of the YMCA of the Rockies: EPC and SMR, personnel, programs, policies and procedures.
Other Functions and Requirements:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and 2 to 4 years of office experience, preferably in the hospitality industry.
- Must be mature, stable and responsible.
- Must have a commitment to detail and thoroughness.
- Must work well under pressure.
- Must maintain a pleasant personality and helpful attitude in all situations with both guests and other staff members.
- Must communicate clearly, visually and orally, and be fluent in speaking, writing and reading in English. Fluency is Spanish is also an asset.
- Must have the ability to get along well with others and be a team player.
- Must be well organized and flexible and be able to perform various office duties.
- Must have good typing, data input, and telephone skills, including salesmanship.
- Must travel to and work at each facility as required by Family Reservations Manager.
- Must work with a limited amount of supervision and be self-motivated.
- Must work weekends, holidays, evenings and a variety of hours as required by demands of season and/or vacation/sick schedules of department.
- Other duties as Assigned.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
- Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
- Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
- May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
- Meet acceptable criminal background check standards
This is a full-time, year-round, position paying $13.00 per hour, with full benefits, including:
- Health, dental and life insurance
- Participation in the YMCA retirement plan
- Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
- Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
ABOUT THE YMCA of the Rockies:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email email@example.com