We are currently looking to hire Data Collectors in Seneca County, NY. You will represent The Warren Group by collecting real estate data at the government town office(s) assigned to you. Top candidates will be motivated self-starters, professional, competent, self-disciplined, ideally have prior data collection experience, and be comfortable working with multiple software programs and web browsers. (Understanding of real estate terms and transactions a plus.) This is an exciting and critical position on our dynamic team. This is a part-time durational position, paid at piece-rate, that offers some flexibility in work schedule.
Summary: Working on the premises of the appropriate public government office(s) assigned to the Data Collector by The Warren Group (examples: Registry of Deeds, County Clerk’s Office, Town Hall, etc.), responsible for collecting/reviewing/recording/transmitting specifically assigned real estate data, ensuring that all work is performed timely and accurately, with methods consistent with documented procedures.
The Warren Group is an equal opportunity employer.
The Data Collector reports directly to the Expansion Project Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (not limited to) include the following:
- Review the assigned data (examples, not inclusive: Mortgage, Discharge, Assignment, Lis Pendens, Foreclosure documents);
- Research and collect additional data on “research” records;
- Accurately and efficiently write data out onto preprinted forms;
- Mail completed forms back to The Warren Group’s corporate office by deadlines;
- Complete administrative tasks by deadlines, such as recording/transmitting hours worked, correctly designating time worked, and, if requested, photocopy/fax actual real estate records to Company corporate offices or additional administrative tasks assigned;
- Complete all assigned tasks timely, and may not exceed 28 hours worked per week;
- Establish and maintain open dialog and relationship with the clerk(s) of the government office(s) to which you are assigned;
- At all times when working must represent the integrity and values of The Warren Group with a professional work ethic, courteous demeanor, neat/clean appearance and attire, and respect for the rules of the government office(s) where assigned to collect data;
- Must be adaptable to the working conditions at the assigned government office(s);
- If expressly assigned multiple collection territories, only per written directive will travel from one work site to another during the course of one workday paid for by the company;
- Should travel between work sites be required, must have access to transportation and valid driver’s license;
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Mandatory Minimum Competency Requirements of Essential Duties and Responsibilities (may by modified by management):
- Must electronically mail in completed forms weeklys and email in time worked daily.
- Unless notified otherwise in writing, you must collect/transmit an absolute minimum of 35 records per hour. Expectation is that the Data Collectors will consistently exceed the minimum records per hour rate.
- Must work the assigned weekly minimum number of hours (20) agreed upon with manager, not to exceed 28 hours per week.
- Strong computer skills/knowledge (including competent typing speed) and the ability to learn and competently use internally developed applications and technology;
- Strong organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask;
- Superb attention to detail;
- Ability to work efficiently to meet/exceed minimum required standards and self-manage time;
- Capacity to learn new programs/applications and be adaptable to changes;
- Must be a disciplined, motivated self-starter, able to work independent of on-site supervision;
- Prior data collection experience a plus;
- Understanding of real estate terms and transactions a plus.
- Performs job duties and responsibilities optimally;
- Works well in a team environment;
- Treats others with respect;
- Has a high degree of work ethic;
- Seeks increased responsibilities and volunteers readily;
- Represents the company positively and professionally, both internally and externally;
- Shows good judgment;
- Seeks and conveys ideas to improve and promote quality;
- Reacts well under pressure;
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events;
- Is consistently at work and manages responsibilities to cover absences;
- Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
Qualifications : To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and minimum requirement satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 6 months of related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, comprehend and write E-mail correspondence, as well as to verbally communicate clearly to management.
Mathematical Skills: Basic: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
Computer Skills: Intermediate: Ability to work with multiple internally developed software programs and web browsers, competent typing speed, E-mail and internet software skills.
Physical Demands : In some instances, may require that work be performed exclusively while standing at a counter.
Work Attire: Casual professional. Appearance reflects the business image The Warren Group, and all employees are expected to present a clean, neat, professional appearance. Clothing must be appropriate to the public office in which your work will be conducted: no revealing, winkled, soiled, torn clothing or any clothing that displays language or graphics that are offensive or discriminatory.
Work Environment: All work will be performed at the assigned government county office(s) (examples: Registry of Deeds, County Clerk’s Office, Town Hall, etc.). These are public facilities. The work environment will vary, depending on the government office to which you are assigned to collect/transmit data, and employees will have to be adaptable to these varying work conditions. Some work, for example, may have to be performed exclusively while standing at a counter. At all times, you must be respectful of the rules of the office to which you are assigned to collect data, and to behave in a way that reflects the integrity and values of The Warren Group.