The Devereux Glenholme School is seeking enthusiastic professionals to join our team as Boarding Faculty! Located in Washington, CT, the Glenholme School is a therapeutic boarding school for students, ages ten to young adults. The program provides a positive atmosphere designed to build competence for students to thrive socially and academically. Our comprehensive learning environment supports the success of students with high functioning autism spectrum disorders including Asperger's, ADHD, OCD, Tourette, depression, anxiety and various learning differences.
Schedule: Evening hours (3-11) to include some weekends.
Under the direction of the Program Supervisor, this position will:
- Provide varying levels of support, instruction and supervision appropriate to each student’s cognitive, emotional, social, and psychological development based on an assessment of each student’s abilities, strengths, potential, and learning style.
- Establish a therapeutic, safe, and productive environment that provides opportunities to maximize pro-social behavior and program participation through flexibility and environmental design.
- Serve as positive role model while proactively managing group and individual interactions.
- Prepare, revise and monitor individual students’ treatment plans, as well as weekly group lesson plans; and, document interventions, contracts, instructional modifications, and their outcomes, in accordance with established Center procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with parents / guardians, funders, and related contacts.
- Serve as an integral and active member of the students’ treatment team.
- Plan and implement recreational activities such as sports, arts and wellness program to maximize social and emotional growth.
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is one of the largest and most advanced behavioral healthcare organizations in the country. We have a unique model that connects the latest scientific and medical advancements to practical, effective interventions in the treatment of behavioral health. We were founded in 1912 by one of the first pioneers in the field, Helena Devereux. Today, we are a national non-profit partner for individuals, families, schools and communities, serving many of the most vulnerable members of our society in areas of Autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, specialty mental health, and child welfare.
The Glenholme School is a therapeutic boarding school for students, ages ten to young adults. The program provides a positive atmosphere designed to build competence for students to thrive socially and academically. Our comprehensive learning environment supports the success of students with high functioning autism spectrum disorders including Asperger's, ADHD, OCD, Tourette, depression, anxiety and various learning differences.
The primary purpose of Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is to provide quality service to those entrusted to our care by their families, guardians, agencies, and other designated parties. The most critical resource we have to accomplish this task is our employees. No intervention can be implemented without the assistance of competent employees who are physically and mentally prepared to carry out this tremendous responsibility. For this reason, in addition to a competitive salary, Devereux provides a comprehensive health and welfare benefits program to eligible full-time employees, family members, and domestic partners. Health and welfare programs include medical, dental, prescription drug, preventative care, mental health services, and an Employee Assistance / Work Life Balance Program, as well as generous time-off policies, and a 403 B retirement plan. Additionally, voluntary, employee paid, Vision, Supplemental Life, and Accident coverage are available to FT employees. *It is the intent of Devereux to continue to offer these benefits; however, we reserve the right to change or stop them at any time, with or without notice.
Keywords: teacher, faculty, boarding school, special education, psychology, children, adolescents, behavioral health, Youth Counselor, Direct Care Worker, Direct Care Counselor, Direct Care Professional, Personal Attendant, Direct Service Worker, Group Care Worker, Residential Counselor, Mental Health Associate, Behavioral Health Technician
The IDEAL candidate will... Be a team player, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, energetic, creative, understand the theories of behavior management and positive reinforcement, and represent yourself as a positive role model. Additionally, you must have a strong passion for working with and helping children and adolescents with special needs and possess a valid driving license.
Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Therapeutic Recreation, Special Education or other related field human services field is required.
Prior experience preferred working with adolescents in a therapeutic boarding school, behavioral health, human services, or residential environment is preferred.
Physical Requirements: Significant amounts of walking, sitting, and standing. Some lifting. Some repetitive wrist/hand movements, normal hearing and vision. Occasional use of computers and office equipment. Occasional driving of Devereux vehicles for business purposes.
Work Environment: Regularly works inside areas that are adequately lighted and ventilated. Some fluctuations in temperature.