Assistant Production Coordinator
AJM Packaging Corporation is a leading manufacturer of branded and private label paper products including plates, bowls, cups, and bags. As we continue to grow and expand our operations, we are looking for a Production Scheduler for our Southgate/Taylor, MI Location.
Position requirements include:
- Plan, schedule and prepare all elements of the production of goods. Coordinate the production scheduling and inventory levels as to ensure that all company and order objectives are continually met at minimal labor cost and with minimal production interruption.
- Continually review orders for changing priorities in order status to properly to respond to material, delivery and lead time requirements. Plan for upcoming orders as well.
- Accurately complete, process and file all daily production reports/logs, quality records and any other related production paperwork.
- Monitor for any source of disruption in the production schedule and interact with the appropriate personnel to correct and/or provide notice of an issue.
- Daily review what goods are being produced and quality level and ensure that all Company and customer standards are being achieved.
- Ensure compliance with all GMP, HACCP and Corporate procedures.
- Review and monitor scrap levels and provide accountability for scrap.
- Review production operation and processes and identify areas for improvement. Be able to establish standard operating procedures and offer recommendations for improvement and be able to successfully implement changes.
- Participate in the tracking of inventory levels. Make procurement requests for any needed production materials, supplies or equipment and communicate with the appropriate personnel.
- Monitor the transition period between the different shifts to ensure expectations and goals are understood and met. Ensure production requirements are adequate to meet these expectations and goals.
- Complete all other duties the Supervisor deems necessary.
Education and Experience:
- A college degree is preferred, specifically a Bachelor of Science in Supply Chain/Logistics or Operations Management. Three years or more of high-volume production management (paper converting and printing experience a plus) experience is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Be able to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Must have an exceptional attention to detail.
- Must have high speed, high volume manufacturing/production experience.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have working knowledge of most common computer programs.
- Be able to perform all physical components of the position, with reasonable accommodations if required.
As an AJM employee, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package including medical insurance, short-term disability, a 401(k) plan, and paid vacation days. For more information about the benefits package for this position, please speak to a Human Resources representative during the application process.
Recognizing that the skills and passion of our employees drive our continued success, we strive to hire top talent who share our vision and values. If you are interested in joining our team and finding your place at our growing company, apply today.