AJM Packaging Corporation is a leading manufacturer of branded and private label paper products including plates, bowls, cups, and bags. As we continue to grow and expand our operations, we are looking for a Production Scheduler for our Southgate/Taylor, MI Location.
This role will serve as the Scheduler for multiple, high-volume paper conversion production facilities. Responsible for planning, creating and managing production schedules in a manner that ensures customer order delivery dates are met. Maximize efficiency of manufacturing and production capabilities while also making sure customer satisfaction is not compromised.
Position requirements include:
· Responsible to plan, schedule, and prepare all elements of the production of goods
- Ensure the production schedule is in line with meeting customer orders complete and on-time. Orders consist of a variety SKUs- bags, plates, and cups (several thousands of SKUs offered by company). This requires close interaction and communication with the customer service, purchasing, manufacturing, logistics, shipping & receiving, and sales departments.
· Daily interaction and communication with multiple production managers - this includes problem solving and creativity to get the job done.
-Continually review orders for changing priorities in order status to properly to respond to material, delivery and lead time requirements.
-Monitor for any source of disruption in the production schedule and interact with the appropriate personnel to correct and/or provide notice of an issue.
- Ensure compliance with all GMP, HACCP and Corporate procedures.
- Review production operation and processes and identify areas for improvement.
- Participate in the tracking of inventory levels. Make procurement requests for any needed production materials, supplies or equipment and communicate with the appropriate personnel.
- Monitor the transition period between the different shifts to ensure expectations and goals are understood and met. ·
· Coordinates all scheduling activities with production management to insure that the most efficient cost effective production schedule is established and carried out.
· Complete all other duties the Supervisor deems necessary.
Education and Experience:
· A college degree is preferred, specifically a Bachelor of Science in Supply Chain/Logistics or Operations Management. CPIM certification is a plus
-Two years or more of high-volume production management experience is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience (paper converting and printing experience a plus).
· Must possess ERP and MRP experience.
· Must possess effective communication skills, strong organizational and administrative skills.
· Must be very detail-oriented and able to function in a high volume environment.
As an AJM employee, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package including medical insurance, short-term disability, a 401(k) plan, and paid vacation days. For more information about the benefits package for this position, please speak to a Human Resources representative during the application process.
Recognizing that the skills and passion of our employees drive our continued success, we strive to hire top talent who share our vision and values. If you are interested in joining our team and finding your place at our growing company, apply today.