The primary function of Shipping and Receiving Clerk at More Than a Bakery is inventory control of incoming material and outgoing finished goods. This family member will ensure that inventory information is accurate and communicated to all concerned parties. The cleanliness and organization of the warehouse will be a first priority.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Responsible for ensuring the production of safe and high quality products through verification of all processes and keen attention to all of More Than A Bakery's Critical Control Points.
2. Understand, learn and follow all shipping and receiving guidelines including Plex procedures.
3. Must be able to complete forklift certification and follow all required safety and GMP policies/procedures.
4. Must comply with Driver Safety Policy.
5. Inspect all incoming trailers/and or containers.
6. Receive all incoming material against purchase orders.
7. Organize warehouse so that all items are assigned to an area.
8. Store and segregate all allergens raw material/products away from the non-allergen items.
9. Ensure accuracy of cycle counts.
10. Coordinate with production to ensure that all raw materials are supplied accurately.
11. Coordinate with scheduling and purchasing so that all materials needed to produce the schedule are found in-house.
12. Maintain safe and clean work environment by constantly maintaining equipment and resources.
13. Follow all GMPs as well as HACCP procedures; understand, observe and comply with the handling and proper usage of color coded containers.
14. Understand the scrap and rework procedures, and assist in the removal of line waste or transfer of rework product to the appropriate floor as soon as possible.
15. Understand the cost of scrap, packing material cost, and the family member's role in reducing these costs.
16. Follow and promote all policies and procedures and notify Supervision of any unsafe act immediately.
17. Properly fill out and return all necessary documentation and paperwork as instructed.
18. Notify Supervision/Maintenance of any needed repairs or required adjustments as soon as they are noted.
19. Perform any and all duties required to meet AIB, SQF, Company, and/or Governmental requirements/standards as set forth by More Than A Bakery.
20. Keep work area clean; this includes making sure work area is swept up and scrap is placed in appropriate scrap container.
21. Other duties as assigned.