Position: Call Center Customer Service Representative
Job Status: Part-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Call Center Manager
Amount of Travel Required: No Travel Required
Positions Supervised: N/A
Bi-lingual: English/Spanish speaking preferred
Must be able to work the following part-time schedule:
Sun: 9:45 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Wed: 9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Thu: 2:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Fri: 2:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Total: 22 hours/week
Perform a wide variety of customer service duties and inquires via telephone, to assist customers with account information, problem resolution, research and product/service recommendations. Provide prompt and professional service to new and existing customers. Maintain and enhance customer relationships.
- Applies the Westfield Bank Service Process during customer interaction to acquire and enhance customer relationships.
- Ensure an exemplary level of quality customer service in a positive welcoming manner and represent the Voice of Westfield Bank via telephone/email.
- Meet service standard requirements provided by Call Center Manager.
- Acts as the primary contact to all callers for account inquiries, product inquiries for all existing and potential customers, problem resolution and general banking inquiries or questions.
- Respond to all email correspondence to customer service by internet email and/or forward to appropriate Westfield Bank employee.
- Performs minor maintenance.
- Process all consumer Online Banking Applications.
- Provide support for all Online Banking Services including Bill Payment, POP Money, and e-Statements.
- Perform Online Banking maintenance to include password resets, adding and removing accounts, and placing Bill Pay stop payments.
- Approve e-statement files and review consent summary to ensure proper statement cycle.
- Report issues to Online Banking provider for resolution.
- Perform card agreement maintenance to include temporary limit increases, place travel notes, close compromised or lost cards, reorder cards, adding and removing accounts, originating ATM/Debit Card Error Resolution dispute forms, activate cards, establish or reset card PIN, and update fraud cases on behalf of customers.
- Place service calls for ATMs as needed. Place check orders.
- Place stop payments on check and ACH items.
- Perform password resets and unlocks for Network and Core processing system accounts.
- Assist team members.
- Utilize proper customer identification procedures to include out of band questions.
- Keep up-to-date and knowledgeable of all our Bank products and services, deposit/consumer loan rates and schedules of our Bank’s fees and charges and any changes, programs or incidents regarding banking or Bank products/services.
- Resolves customer problems or questions with one-call service including follow up as needed.
- Handle complaints and objections tactfully.
- Offer effective and efficient resolutions to customer’s questions and/or complaints.
- Participates in department meetings, training and coaching sessions.
- Meets all service goals.
- Develop strong communication link to branches/staff and works with other support areas of the bank to resolve any customer related issues.
- Must adhere to all bank and regulatory policies and procedures specific to position to minimize Bank losses and assure customer privacy.
- Must complete BSA, AML, and other Regulatory and Continued Education and Call Center Customer Service Training as assigned.
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested.
- Customer Service
- Job Knowledge
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required
- At least one year of banking experience
- Exceptional customer service skills (verbal and written)
- Interpersonal skills
- Telephone etiquette
- Strong decision and resolution making skills
- Ability to cross sell products
- Knowledge and use of computers
Stand - O (Occasionally)
Walk - O (Occasionally)
Sit - C (Constantly)
Handling / Fingering - F (Frequently)
Reach Outward - N (Not Applicable)
Reach Above Shoulder - N (Not Applicable)
Climb - N (Not Applicable)
Crawl - N (Not Applicable)
Squat or Kneel - N (Not Applicable)
Bend - N (Not Applicable)
10 lbs or less - N (Not Applicable)
11-20 lbs - N (Not Applicable)
21-50 lbs - N (Not Applicable)
51-100 lbs - N (Not Applicable)
Over 100 lbs - N (Not Applicable)
12 lbs or less - N (Not Applicable)
13-25 lbs - N (Not Applicable)
26-40 lbs - N (Not Applicable)
41-100 lbs - N (Not Applicable)
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33%-66% of the time (2.5-5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements
Westfield Bank has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.