|Ciera Bank is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Credit Analyst position is primarily responsible for providing analysis used in underwriting and asset management of consumer, C&I, and CRE loans. The analyst will also perform market research and monitor portfolio risk. Assists in evaluating compliance with Bank policy and state and federal regulations, and interacts with auditors/examiners. Prepares memos for Loan Committee and management reports on a regular basis. Works under general supervision and in compliance with established policies, procedures and regulations.
Essential Functions (Majority of duties, but not meant to be all inclusive nor prevent other duties from being assigned as necessary)
- Analyzes financial data to assist loan officers in making credit decisions.
- Prepares memos for Loan Committee approval of new extensions of credit
- Reviews loans to determine credit quality and compliance with bank policy and regulations.
- Audits areas not directly related to credit, such as Loan Administration.
- Maintains accurate file organization and retention to increase efficiencies.
- Assists with closing and/or servicing of loans when necessary.
- Monitors bank's portfolio for risks and trends through the use of spreadsheets and financial analysis.
- Interact with customers, auditors, examiners, appraisers, and other third-parties to facilitate organizational goals and business objectives.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (Minimum education, experience, technical and communication skill levels and licenses/certificates normally required to perform the duties of this position.)
- Advanced analytical skills.
- In-Depth knowledge of accounting principles with ability to prepare and analyze financial statements.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Advanced written, oral, and interpersonal skills with ability to prepare and present presentations.
This level of knowledge is normally acquired through either the completion of a graduate degree in business or accounting, or an undergraduate degree in business or accounting with 2 years professional experience in related financial or accounting field.
Working Conditions (Typical working conditions associated with this type of work and environmental hazards, if any, that may be encountered in performing the duties of this position.)
Internal – Work is normally performed in climate controlled office environment, where exposure to conditions of extreme heat/cold, poor ventilation, fumes and gases is very limited. Noise level is moderate and includes sounds of normal office equipment (computers, telephones, etc.). No known environmental hazards are encountered in normal performance of job duties.
External – N/A
Physical Demands (The physical effort generally associated with this position)
Work involves standing and walking for brief periods of time, but most duties are performed from a seated position. There is potential for eyestrain from reading detailed printouts and computer screen.Â Deadlines, workloads during peak periods and pressure may cause increased stress levels.Â Work may include occasional pushing, pulling, or carrying objects weighing up to 20 pounds such as files, documents, and computer printouts. Work normally requires finger d