Matheson Flight Extenders specializes in terminal handling and ground support services for the United States Postal Service (USPS) and other commercial carriers. In this role, the Supervisor is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the activities assigned to Matheson Flight Extenders for our San Leandro operation. The Supervisor is responsible for providing premiere services to internal and external customers.
Operations Management/Customer Service
- Analyze expenditures and other financial information to develop plans, policies, or budgets for increasing profits or improving services.
- Implement schedule and policy changes.
- Monitor operations to ensure that staff members comply with administrative policies and procedures, safety rules, contracts, and government regulations.
- Monitor spending to ensure that expenses are consistent with approved budgets.
- Plan, organize, or manage the work of subordinate staff to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements.
- Responsible for enforcing operational and safety policies and procedures
- Complete all reports as required by management
- Fills in for Station Manager during the managers absence
Safety & Compliance
- Enforce company safety policies and procedures
- Hold weekly safety meetings
- Manage any injury / accident events in conjunction with Risk Management
- Complete all required safety reports and investigations as required
- Provide light duty assignments when necessary
- Address employee voiced safety issues or concerns
- Resolve any safety hazards within the station / operation
- Maintain facility and personnel security in accordance with Matheson, Customer and Airport Authority requirements.
Leadership and Fiscal Management
- 10 pm to 6 am shift
- On call 24/7 for all issues relative to conducting business at the station
- Establish employee schedules and work hours
- Review employee time sheets through PeopleSoft
- Manage hours to eliminate overtime
- Correct punch errors by employees
- Insures pre-trip vehicle inspections are completed as required
- Reports any vehicle or equipment failures to management
- Monitors preventative maintenance schedules
- Sets up the operations floor by operation type
- Conducts pre-work operations briefings
- Inspects and inventories station scanners for operations
- Counsels, disciplines and coaches employees as required
- Conducts employee training
- Establishes and maintains employee work schedules to ensure adequate staffing. This may include monitoring attendance, tracking shifts, correcting payroll errors and making adjustments as needed
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a supervisory or lead position in warehouse operations
- Have and maintain a valid Driver’s License and a clean driving record that will pass the criteria set by our insurance carrier for on the job coverage
- Previous experience with Federal Express, UPS or DHL desired and considered a plus
Salary will commensurate with experience
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a stressful environment
- Ability to communicate in a positive and effective manner with subordinates peers, management and all other department personnel.
- Ability to lead and motivate staff in a positive and professional manner
- Ability to communicate verbally as well as read and write clearly using the English language
- Solid computer system skills as it pertains to operations functions required
- Must be able to multi-task and therefore must be well organized and able to interpret and draw relevant insights from various resources and methodologies
- Must be able to qualify for and maintain TSA and and/or USPS clearance
- Must be able to pass all company required assessments including drug, physical and FCE/PAT
All employees are responsible for integrating security practices in daily work by appropriately using and safeguarding Matheson resources in compliance with policies and procedures.
This list of job elements, responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or conditions is not exhaustive, but is merely the most descriptive of the current job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, staff changes, workload, or technical development).