AJM Packaging Corporation is a leading manufacturer of branded and private label paper products including plates, bowls, cups, and bags. As we continue to grow and expand our operations, we are looking for a Maintenance Manager for our Southgate, MI Location.
We are seeking a well-qualified mechanic with outstanding leadership experience in a high speed and volume manufacturing environment. The Maintenance Manager will report to the Plant Manager. The Maintenance Manager will perform a range of important process, equipment and facility related tasks.
Position requirements include:
- Supervise and directly participate in activities related to the repair, maintenance and/or installation of mechanical equipment and production machinery.
- Plan, organize and manage a department and staff in such a manner as to ensure that production machinery uptime and production throughput is maximized – in quantity and quality.
- Develop and manage a preventative maintenance program.
- Troubleshoot production machinery and related equipment.
- Track inventory levels of maintenance supplies.
- Provide continuing oversight and training of staff.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent education and working experience.
- Eight years of industrial maintenance experience preferred, three years in a maintenance leadership role.
- Strong skills across a range of electrical and mechanical requirements including: three-phase electrical, servo motors, PLC programming, pneumatics, hydraulics, machining, welding, etc.
As an AJM employee, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package including medical insurance, short-term disability, a 401(k) plan, and paid vacation days. For more information about the benefits package for this position, please speak to a Human Resources representative during the application process.
Recognizing that the skills and passion of our employees drive our continued success, we strive to hire top talent who share our vision and values. If you are interested in joining our team and finding your place at our growing company, apply today.