Koniag Information Security Services (KSS) is looking for Security Officers with EMT certifications to work on site at our customer’s site in Emmitsburg, MD. Must be able to work any shift, weekends and holidays. The officer must have a Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania or national registered Certified Emergency Medical Technicia - Basic or higher.
The Security Officers will be responsible for:
- Monitoring CCTVs in the security office
- Escorting visitors, securing buildings, checking employee badges, conducting roving patrols, checking packages access and egress for all restricted areas
- Performing other duties as directed.
Education, Experience & Skills:
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must successfully pass a Moderate Background Investigation (MBI) in accordance with HSPD-12
- Have or be able to obtain a Maryland State Police Security Guard license
- Possess a certification as a Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, or national registered Certified Emergency Medical Technician-Basic or higher
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2 years of guard or law enforcement experience
- At least 21 years of age
- Clean criminal history
- Possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license
- Able to pass a physical exam/hearing test/drug screen and a federal background investigation
- Speak and be literate in English to the extent of writing, reading and understanding printed regulations, orders, instructions, etc.
- Be capable of passing a weapons qualification firing based on the contract’s specific course of fire.
- Have or be able to be certified in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) procedures, Automated External Defibrillator (AED) procedures, and first aid.
Working Environment & Conditions:
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The work load may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, do simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our website, please contact Heaven Wood via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 703-488-9377 to request accommodations.