Mechanical and Design Engineer
AJM Packaging Corporation is a leading manufacturer of converted paper products, including paper plates, cups, bowls and bags. As we continue to grow and expand our operations, we are seeking a Mechanical and Design Engineer with a record of creativity, problem solving, and project success within a manufacturing environment. This position will be located in our Southgate, MI location and will report to the Corporate Director of Engineering.
We seek a professional with strong analytic skills and a passion for process and capital improvements. This well rounded and experienced engineer will have the ability to take a project from conception and design through hands-on implementation and optimization. We seek someone interested in growing their career and progressing to a wider scope of engagement and responsibility throughout our rapidly expanding manufacturing operations.
This Mechanical and Design Engineer must be able to effectively multi-task and work across a range of important process, equipment and facility related priorities.
Position Requirements include:
· Outstanding technical and leadership experience with progressive responsibility in a high speed and volume manufacturing environment.
· Strong technical expertise specifically in equipment design and installation.
· High proficiency in CAD tools and related analytical capabilities.
· Experience in materials specifications, tolerances and dimensioning, and fabrication processes and practices.
· Hands-on problem solving and analytical thinking, as well as professional verbal and written communication skills.
· Knowledge in electrical, PLC programming, pneumatics, hydraulics, machining and welding is a plus.
· Must operate as a team player, with ability to collaborate effectively with key resources and functional areas.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field.
· Seven or more years of related experience in direct support of advanced manufacturing operations
· Ongoing training and skill enhancement related to critical software and programming skills.
As an AJM employee, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package including medical insurance, short-term disability, a 401(k) plan, and paid vacation days. For more information about the benefits package for this position, please speak to a Human Resources representative during the application process.
Recognizing that the skills and passion of our employees drive our continued success, we strive to hire top talent who share our vision and values. If you are interested in joining our team and finding your place at our growing company, apply today.