The following duties are normal for this position
• Call Center Coordinators/Operators will handle a variety of incoming calls ranging from routine requests for information to callers in distress and/or crisis. Types of requests for service may include but not limited to issues with substance abuse, domestic violence, callers announcing suicide, callers experiencing behavioral health issues, anger management issues, homelessness, requests for information related to Veterans benefits or benefits available within communities and emergency support services.
• Call Center Coordinators/Operators will exercise appropriate judgement and discretion in identifying and referring the caller to the appropriate service provider or source of information.
• Support and align with the outreach coordinators and outreach team with day to day activities.
• Support caller's requests for information and assistance. Incoming calls may range from cordial requests for information to callers announcing suicide. Employs industry best practices to manage and refer these types of calls to the appropriate service provider.
• Research, Identify and Liaison with existing community emergency response providers to understand local response procedures to incorporate into call center operations for the purpose of addressing the needs of Veterans and families.
• Highly desired Bachelor's Degree or demonstrated practical experience in the area(s) of expertise required by the technical specifications, as well as demonstrated capability in program / project coordination applications with five years' experience. Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum qualifications may be substituted.