AJM Packaging Corporation is a leading manufacturer of branded and private label paper products including plates, bowls, cups, and bags. As we continue to grow and expand our operations, we are looking for a Dock Foreman, on 3rd shift in our Southgate, MI facility.
This position will provide overall organization and direction of all dock activities and perform tasks related to the orderly and accurate flow of materials being shipped or received.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Check and verify incoming and outgoing loads to ensure accuracy. Note any discrepancies as well as, any damages.
- Maintain a well-organized staging area. Direct the staging of loads to minimize the loading and unloading times and maximize the flow of goods in and out of the dock area.
- As required, conduct accurate cycle counts of product in order to maintain accurate inventories and minimize possibility of discrepancies.
- Supervise staff to include but not limited to: designating work assignments, providing instruction, reviewing completed work and providing input for performance appraisals.
- Do 'build-ups' of shipped materials. May require re-configuring, re-stacking and re-wrapping of pallets to meet shipping requirements.
- Operate forklift, and assist other material handlers in a fast-paced dock environment on a daily basis.
- Ensure that staff strictly adheres to all safety rules, guidelines and procedures.
- Two (2) years of dock foreman, warehouse crew lead, or other related S&R experience required.
- Experience hand-counts and cycle counts strongly preferred.
- HiLo experience required.
- Experience with Railcars is a plus.
As an AJM employee, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package including medical insurance, short-term disability, a 401(k) plan, and paid vacation days. For more information about the benefits package for this position, please speak to a Human Resources representative during the application process.
Recognizing that the skills and passion of our employees drive our continued success, we strive to hire top talent who share our vision and values. If you are interested in joining our team and finding your place at our growing company, apply today.