Position: Assistant Manager/Business Specialist Department: Retail Banking
Job Status: Full Time FLSA Status: Exempt
Grade: I Reports to: Branch Manager
Amount of Travel Required: Travel as required Positions Supervised: Branch Personnel
Supports branch manager with the leadership and management of branch service, sales, operations, team development and personnel. Primarily responsible for business development in assigned territory. A minimum of 50% of time is spent on business development activities.
- Applies the Westfield Bank Service and Sales Process during customer interaction to acquire and enhance customer relationships.
- Adheres to established Westfield Bank customer service standards.
- Assists manager with the supervision of branch personnel by:
- Creating a team environment focused on producing an exceptional customer experience
- Insuring that the department is adequately staffed with properly trained personnel.
- Making or approving decisions for department employees regarding employment, performance ratings, promotions, salary recommendations, transfers and terminations.
- Resolving personnel problems.
- Guiding and advising subordinates in the more complex phases of work.
- Handles customer relations, complaints and inquiries. Manages the grey areas.
- Takes Home Equity Loan applications and serves as a liaison between equity loan customer and loan processor until loan closes.
- Supervises bank security: assists Bank security officer with fraud or possible fraud cases, be on call 24 hours for alarm company/police, work with collections department, oversees branch maintenance.
- Opens new accounts, cross sells bank products and services, processes wire transfers.
- Approves checks, fee waivers or refunds.
- Must obtain official designations/certifications as required (i.e. notary public, medallion, etc.).
- Performs higher level specialty function as designated and achieves program goals as assigned.
- Performs business development activities as assigned.
- Participates in community and professional organizations.
- Must complete BSA, AML, and other Regulatory and Continuing Education as assigned.
- Must adhere to all bank and regulatory policies and procedures specific to position.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
- Customer Focus
- Decision Making / Judgment
- People Development
- Plan and Managing for Results
- Sales Skills
- Territory Management
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associates Degree Preferred.
- Previous sales, customer service and supervisory experience required.
- A minimum of 2 years of previous business development experience preferred.
- Stand - O (Occasionally)
- Walk - O (Occasionally)
- Sit - F (Frequently)
- Handling / Fingering - F (Frequently)
- Reach Outward - F (Frequently)
- Reach Above Shoulder - O (Occasionally)
- Climb - O (Occasionally)
- Crawl - O (Occasionally)
- Squat or Kneel - O (Occasionally)
- Bend - O (Occasionally)
- 10 lbs or less - F (Frequently)
- 11-20 lbs - F (Frequently)
- 21-50 lbs - O (Occasionally)
- 51-100 lbs - N (Not Applicable)
- Over 100 lbs - N (Not Applicable)
- 12 lbs or less - O (Occasionally)
- 13-25 lbs - O (Occasionally)
- 26-40 lbs - O (Occasionally)
- 41-100 lbs - O (Occasionally)
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33%-66% of the time (2.5-5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements
Westfield Bank has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.