Comprised of a market-leading portfolio of best-in-class brands, the businesses of ITW Welding work together to provide premium performance delivered through a breadth of solutions encompassing welding, cutting, consumables, and accessories. ITW Welding North America represents Miller Electric Welding Equipment, Safety & Accessories, Hobart Filler Metals, and Bernard / Tregaskiss MIG Guns.
The Safety Specialist is responsible to execute the sales strategy to drive growth in the region. This position provides welding safety expertise through a technical understanding of welding processes and associated hazard exposures to defend and grow business within strategic end user accounts by deploying a consultative selling process that focuses on customer needs. Close collaboration with all ITW welding sales personnel to identify and support large end-user conversion opportunities and defend key accounts. Must be a self-starter, aggressive, a good team player, possess strong strategic thinking skills, and the ability to make independent decisions and follow through to completion.
This position is based out of the Northeast and will serve New York, Maine, Vermont, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Virginia, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland and eastern Pennsylvania.
Based out of the southeast/mid-south regions serving Florida, Georgia, N. Carolina, S. Carolina, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Kentucky
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert driving welding safety enhancements for ITW customers. Apply process, product, and technical expertise to convert safety sales opportunities.
- Lead customer centered discussions with key customers at each stage of the sales process. Identify customer needs and communicate the differentiated value that Miller Safety solutions deliver.
- Create compelling, fact based presentations that monetize the value of ITW solutions to end user customers.
- Collaborative account planning with ITW Welding Sales Personnel to convert/earn end user business.
- Conduct product demonstrations as necessary to demonstrate the value of ITW solutions and drive product conversions.
- Maintain consistent verbal and written communications and key activities between ITW sales resources, distributor partners, key end users, and the WAC Division.
- Provide on-going training and sales support for strategic end-users and distributor partners.
- Ability to effectively manage assigned territory and prioritize through an 80/20 mindset of key accounts and activities.
- Execute the division's strategy to effectively grow the business.
- BS in Business or related experience and/or degree to perform all duties mentioned above.
- Ability and desire for advancement.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Minimum of 3 years prior end user sales experience in the welding industry with hands on ability to weld; manufacturing and/or fabrication experience a plus.
- Strong background in welding safety and/or general safety preferred.
- Subject matter expert in hazards associated with manufacturing welding processes and welding variables.
- Strong ability to carry the discussion and tie in the value of our offering to customer needs at all levels of an end user.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and CRM system.
- Strong communication, presentation, time management, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel overnight at least 50%..