SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Credit & Collections Analyst will be responsible for all aspects of credit and collections management for a portfolio of assigned accounts. Gathers and interprets financial information on new and existing customers enabling proper credit limits to be set. Researches and coordinates all efforts on deduction and billing disputes with other departments to ensure a timely resolution. Identifies and expedites a resolution of various invoicing issues that may be preventing payment. Makes recommendations for departmental improvements to the Manager and serves as the primary back-up.
• Works closely with customers in conjunction with internal departments (i.e. customer care, finance, sales etc.) in the resolution of outstanding customer invoices and residual balances to maximize recoveries and minimize write-off / risk to the organization.
• Responsible for initiating collection calls to delinquent customers to acquire payment status.
• Initiate and lead effort in resolution of deductions/billing disputes for assigned accounts.
• Establish appropriate credit limits that effectively balance the needs and financial strengths of the customer by analyzing D & B reports, financial statements and other financial data available for new and existing customers to maximize sales and minimize risk to the organization.
• Assure a timely processing of orders and shipments on hold while reinforcing corporate credit policies.
• Develop good working relationships with sales, customers, and other internal departments; assist them with daily requests.
• Process credit applications and obtains all necessary information for the account to be set up.
• Miscellaneous duties and special projects as requested
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred. • 3-5 years relevant credit/collections experience, preferably in a corporate retail environment.• SAP experience strongly preferred.• Excellent oral/written communication and problem resolution skills are necessary.• Highly organized and detail oriented individual who is self-motivated. • Must be able to prioritize tasks, utilize time efficiently and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.• The capacity to identify micro and macro account delinquency issues and the skill set to recognize the root cause of the customer’s inability to honor agreed upon terms.• Proficiency in Windows based software including Excel and Word, etc.• Working knowledge of Dun and Bradstreet reporting.
This position is currently accepting applications.