AJM Packaging, a rapidly growing Manufacturer of Consumer Paper Products is currently looking to add Operations Intern to our Team in Southgate, MI. This is a great opportunity for those interested in working in various aspects of operations in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
Objective: In a direct, hands-on capacity, be able to learn, perform and understand all functions involved in the operation of a manufacturing facility. Sufficiently strengthen skills and knowledge in multiple areas in order to be able to successfully provide direction and management of one or more of the following operations: production; scheduling; inventory; warehousing; maintenance; and quality control. This role will work directly with, and report to our VP of Operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Participate in a 'hands on' program to gain experience and knowledge of production; scheduling; inventory; warehousing; maintenance; and quality control operations. Participation will require everything from 'shadowing' other employees to working specific jobs that can range production line work, to machine maintenance to scheduling and more.
· Assist management and supervisors in the planning, coordinating and managing of the entire plant and its staff in such a manner as to ensure that all company objectives and production goals are continually met.
· Review inventory levels. Learn how to and actually order or make procurement requests for any needed production materials, supplies, equipment, tools, replacement parts or similar items.
· Learn supervisory techniques and strengthen supervisory skills. This will include but not limited to: designating work assignments, providing work instruction, reviewing completed work and providing input for performance appraisals.
· Take ownership of special projects, as directed by VP of Operations.