General Position Summary
The Patient Experience Representative will serve as a resource lead employee for all staff in the front office role; they must greet patients, activate patient files and provide support to patients and medical staff. The Patient Experience Representative will work closely with the Center Manager to ensure operational and patient satisfaction goals are reached while providing champion customer service. The Patient Experience Representative will ensure quality control in all aspects of front desk management and uphold high standards of customer service, speed of delivery and efficiency of patient flow and charting, with an emphasis on collection of co-payments, fees for service, outstanding amounts due from patient, MedDispense and financial reconciliation.
MedExpress Core Responsibilities
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring, Friendly.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized, and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs.
- Through genuine and positive communication, makes each customer feel informed, understood, and special.
- An effective team player who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
- Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
- Pursues activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
- Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance.
1. Upholds and carries out all MedExpress Patient touch points in all aspects of the Patient Experience.
2. Train new hire and retrain Front Office Assistants for performance improvement on all aspects of the Patient and Payment Experience. Must be proficient in all job responsibilities within the Patient and Payment Experience areas.
3. Maintain a clean work environment and professional appearance to comply with relevant health and safety procedures.
4. Increase collections by taking every action at the center level to collect copays, balances, secure Convenient Pay contracts, and additional Prompt-Pay services and additional front end metrics as assigned in a Genuine, Caring, Friendly manner. Works collaboratively with the Revenue Cycle and Field Trainers.
5. Lead center level revenue cycle items by verifying the front office staff is educated on expectations related to the accuracy of patient insurance and visit information. Includes performing tasks related to the approved resolution of revenue cycle errors at the center level. Actively participates in driving Convenient Pay metrics and retraining for other front office staff.
6. Remain informed of operational improvements and ensure all Front Office Assistants are knowledgeable and comfortable with transitions. Audits how the staff communicates the collection of payments.
7. Works rotation/fair share of weekends
8. Attends internal calls or training for specialized/development of workflows and policies and procedures.
9. Required to pursue/maintain continuing education related to your respective specialty.
10. Ensure correct collection of all charges and documentation for all patients checking out.