Position: Mortgage Loan Officer (Outside)
Department: Retail Lending
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: VP Retail Lending Manager
Amount of Travel Required: Travel as Required
Positions Supervised: None
Originate residential mortgage loan applications primarily through regular and consistent outside business development and marketing activities in the Pioneer Valley of MA and Northern CT. Responsible for managing and coordinating the entire loan process in conjunction with the Retail Lending Center from application to closing while ensuring a high quality of customer service and satisfaction.
- Originate residential mortgage loan applications from a network of external referral sources through regular and consistent outside business development efforts.
- Proactively conduct external business development activities and develop and maintain relationships with realtors, financial advisors and other real estate referral sources.
- Regularly participate in activities in connection with mortgage sales (e.g., attending closings, open houses, conducting seminars & trainings and other lead generating activities).
- Pre-qualify prospective clients and determine their suitable purchase price and payment range.
- Meet with prospective applicants during non-traditional business hours, as needed, at Realtor offices, places of business or other locations as appropriate.
- Meet or exceed production (sales) goals and quality customer service standards set by management.
- In conjunction with sales efforts:
- Work with internal departments and investors to manage and meet loan requirements.
- Evaluate prospective clients' income and debt.
- Counsel and assist prospective clients in understanding and resolving credit issues.
- Advise prospective clients of our products, disclosures, rates and pricing.
- Collect financial data and documentation for mortgage applications.
- Respond to phone calls from referral network and prospective clients with questions during the process.
- On occasion will receive branch referrals for more complex loans including specialized government program loan types, and construction loans.
- Promote Westfield Bank products, services and programs within assigned territory.
- Keep abreast of all federal regulations.
- Must complete regulatory and continuing education as assigned.
- Must adhere to all bank and regulatory policies and procedures specific to position.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested.
- Account Management
- Decision Making/Judgment
- Negotiation Skills
- Product Knowledge
- Sales Skills
Stand - O (Occasionally
Walk - O (Occasionally)
Sit - F (Frequently)
Handling / Fingering - O (Occasionally)
Reach Outward - O (Occasionally)
Reach Above Shoulder - N (Not Applicable)
Climb - N (Not Applicable)
Crawl - N (Not Applicable)
Squat or Kneel - N (Not Applicable)
Bend - N (Not Applicable)
10 lbs or less - N (Not Applicable)
11-20 lbs - N (Not Applicable)
21-50 lbs - N (Not Applicable)
51-100 lbs - N (Not Applicable)
Over 100 lbs - N (Not Applicable)
12 lbs or less - N (Not Applicable)
13-25 lbs - N (Not Applicable)
26-40 lbs - N (Not Applicable)
41-100 lbs - N (Not Applicable)
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33%-66% of the time (2.5-5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements
Westfield Bank has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.