Senior Manager, Planning and Scheduling
AJM Packaging Corporation is a leading manufacturer of converted paper products, including paper plates, cups, bowls and bags. As we continue to grow and expand our operations, we are seeking a Planning and Scheduling Manager with broad experience in a multi-plant manufacturing company producing high volume products. This position will be located at our Southgate, MI location and will report to the Vice President of Operations.
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on, high initiative individual, able to work collaboratively across the organization. This important leadership position will provide direction and guidance to scheduling and manufacturing operations throughout the Company ranging from immediate prioritization and problem solving to long range capacity planning.
Position Requirements Include:
- Effectively coordinate and synthesize key information and data between and across various teams including Sales, Manufacturing, Scheduling, and Customer service to ensure met delivery schedules and efficient plant operations.
- Plan material flow and inventory level requirements throughout the production cycle. Determine necessary lead times, replenishment points, and optimal run times with accurate calculations and researched data.
- Streamline, standardize and maintain planning/scheduling processes, driving improvement steps, documentation, and training.
- Maintain a high level of enterprise system expertise while training and developing the skills of others.
- Develop and maintain essential reporting metrics to monitor processes and gauge the effectiveness of improvements.
- Consistently demonstrate excellent communications skills along with the ability to set and drive expectations and ongoing improvements.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field - preferably supply chain, engineering, or operations management.
- Ten or more years of experience in a combination of advanced planning, scheduling, and operations management roles within high volume, multi-plant manufacturing operations.
- Strong computer skills, particularly with enterprise software. Microsoft AX expertise strongly preferred.
As an AJM employee, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package including medical insurance, short-term disability, a 401(k) plan, and paid vacation days. For more information about the benefits package for this position, please speak to a Human Resources representative during the application process.
Recognizing that the skills and passion of our employees drive our continued success, we strive to hire top talent who share our vision and values. If you are interested in joining our team and finding your place at our growing company, apply today.