Industrial Engineering Manager
AJM Packaging Corporation is a leading manufacturer of converted paper products, including paper plates, cups, bowls and bags. As we continue to grow and expand our operations, we are seeking an Industrial Engineering Manager with experience in a high speed and volume manufacturing environment. This position will be located in our Southgate, MI location and will report to the VP of Operations.
The individual to fill this important role will be a broadly experienced industrial engineering professional. This seasoned leader will be central in our drive for optimized operations producing high quality products. The successful candidate will have both outstanding industrial and process engineering abilities, and a track record of identifying opportunities and driving improvements.
Position Requirements Include:
- A demonstrated history of leading a broad range of projects with on-time delivery of results.
- Excellent ability to assimilate a large amount of information and work collaboratively to accomplish key goals and objectives.
- A solid understanding of progressive manufacturing techniques including Lean principles, Value Stream Mapping, and disciplined problem solving tools/processes.
- A deep knowledge in time studies, line balancing, and change-over operations.
- Expertise and experience in engineering-in employee safety to manufacturing processes, including excellence in workplace ergonomics.
- Strong computer skills, including CAD, MS-Office, project management, and simulation software.
- The ability to effectively meet deadlines, along with excellent organizational, written, and verbal communications skills.
- Strong leadership abilities and a commitment to mentor and develop throughout the organization.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 25%.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, engineering preferred.
- Seven or more years industrial/process engineering experience in a high speed manufacturing environment.
- Additional training in Lean principles, project management, and effective leadership preferred.
As an AJM employee, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package including medical insurance, short-term disability, a 401(k) plan, and paid vacation days. For more information about the benefits package for this position, please speak to a Human Resources representative during the application process.
Recognizing that the skills and passion of our employees drive our continued success, we strive to hire top talent who share our vision and values. If you are interested in joining our team and finding your place at our growing company, apply today.