Are you looking for a challenging opportunity with an industry leader? Swanson Rink is currently looking for a Payroll/Accounting Technician who is ready to be part of a dynamic company that engages in great projects. The Payroll/Accounting Technician will join a tight-knit Accounting team and will be responsible for processing payroll and accounts payable.
Just as we are an industry leader in solving complex problems for our clients, our Accounting staff also works to ensure critical processes are effectively, accurately and efficiently completed to support our business and our clients. Our Payroll/Accounting Technician will be a hand’s on contributor who will also take an enthusiastic role cross-training with and supporting other Accounting Technicians.
Makes routine choices within established procedures to compute, record and verify numerical data for use in maintaining accounting records and to process the organization’s payroll.
Essential Job Responsibilities
1. Processes company employee payroll twice-monthly.
2. Processes weekly accounts payable, including the scanning of all backup.
3. Data entry in the project management/accounting software.
4. Data entry in the expense reporting software.
5. Front Desk coverage including answering phones, greeting visitors, receiving packages (approximately 20% of time). Regular accounting duties are performed from the front desk.
6. Performs office organization including scanning and filing of client documents and maintaining records based on retention policies.
7. Provides assistance and back-up to other Accounting staff as needed. Payroll/Accounting Technician will be cross trained with another Accounting Technician. The primary cross training function will include, but is not limited to, processing accounts receivable invoices.
8. Ability to work overtime as required, including occasional evenings and/or weekends.