POSITION TITLE: Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant
PROJECT: Safe Aqua Farming for Economic and Trade Improvement (SAFETI)
LOCATION: Dhaka, Bangladesh
UNIT: Agriculture and Enterprise Group
REPORTS TO: Chief of Party
The Safe Aqua Farming for Economic and Trade Improvement (SAFETI) project is designed to increase agricultural productivity by improving production and management of hatcheries and farms in the shrimp and prawn value chains to contribute to both improved incomes, food quality and safety, as well as to improve livelihoods and environmental sustainability in the Bangladesh prawn and shrimp industry. The project is also designed to expand trade of agricultural products by improving handling and sanitary controls, reducing unnecessary layers in the value chain, promoting extension services, and building the capacity of trade associations and government trade promotion bureaus.
Assist in finalizing the program’s monitoring and evaluation system, knowledge management system and learning strategy. Review the entire M&E plan and assist in establishing the project’s data collection and reporting system. Assist in designing and implementing a counterfactual study.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the MEL Specialist of the SAFETI project and review and assist in finalization of the M&E system and Knowledge Management and Learning strategy for the project.
- Support project efforts in designing and implementing a counterfactual study, and help revise the SAFETI evaluation plan in line with USDA requirements.
- Work with the MEL Specialist to develop a Data Management Manual, following PMP guidelines, which will detail the procedures and actions to track data flow.
- Review and assist in developing data collection forms and templates both for Winrock and its implementing partners and prepare guidelines for data quality assessment (DQA).
- Assist in preparing SAFETI Annual Report 2017 and revised annual work plan.
- Provide an outline of how the interim and final evaluation will be conducted with regards to information sought and analysis required on the performance of the SAFETI project
- Ensure that SAFETI M&E and MIS will be aligned with DevResults and ArcGIS and meet USDA requirements.
- This position will be over the course of 90 days, with no more than 66 working days.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
Education: Minimum of a Master’s degree in a relevant field.
Work Experience: Minimum eight years’ experience designing, managing, and implementing multidisciplinary and results-based M&E surveys. Former experience preparing PMPs and Evaluation plans; Experience with USDA and/or USAID projects. Experience in planning for executing a counterfactual group analysis.
- Extensive experience in M&E work for international donor/USG agencies or international NGOs.
- Experience using GIS and other technology-based monitoring tools preferred.
- Excellent communications skills in English (FSI level IV), both written and orally.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.