Assistant Plant Manager
AJM Packaging Corporation is a leading manufacturer of converted paper products, including paper plates, cups, bowls and bags. As we continue to grow and expand our operations, we are seeking an Assistant Plant Manager with experience in a high speed and volume manufacturing environment. This position will be located in our Joplin, MO location and will report to the Plant Manager.
We seek a professional with a passion for production management excellence, and a leadership tool set that includes Lean Manufacturing principles, 5S, and an enlightened approach to ensuring the top quality of our products. The individual filling this position will have leadership and optimization responsibility for production management, quality assurance, inventory, warehousing, shipping and receiving, and product launch. We seek someone interested in growing their career into a plant manager position.
Position Requirements Include:
- A history of success in a hands-on, manufacturing focused, high speed manufacturing environment
- Strong leadership abilities and a commitment to mentor and develop throughout the organization.
- An ongoing customer service focus, with a deep commitment to meeting customer expectations and rigorous delivery schedules
- A passion for optimizing operations and ensuring high levels of product quality
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to drive and set expectations and ongoing operational improvements.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in related field, preferably engineering, operations management, or business.
- Seven or more years operations management experience in high volume manufacturing operations.
- Additional training in Lean principles and effective leadership preferred.
As an AJM employee, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package including medical insurance, short-term disability, a 401(k) plan, and paid vacation days. For more information about the benefits package for this position, please speak to a Human Resources representative during the application process.
Recognizing that the skills and passion of our employees drive our continued success, we strive to hire top talent who share our vision and values. If you are interested in joining our team and finding your place at our growing company, apply today.