Koniag Inc. is hiring a temporary laborer. This position is a seasonal/temporary position and is meant to work on-site doing general laborer and maintenance. The incumbent will be a laborer and be available to assist with remote structure repairs, general grounds maintenance and winterization of cabins.This position will work under the supervision of the Lands and Natural Resources Manager.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.)
- Cabin repairs
- Trail maintenance and improvements
- Clearing brush and other grounds maintenance
- Identify and removal of debris at the cabin site
- Travel to land holdings by small boat, airplane and all-terrain vehicles.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
- Must be available for remote site work
- Knowledge of general PPE requirements to ensure safe working conditions while at remote locations.
- Ability to climb, stoop, and bend.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow written instructions.
- Must have good eye-hand coordination, physical fitness, and a good sense of balance.
- Ability to work under limited supervision.
- Ability complete projects on time and task.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently as well as a team member with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated with ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
Office Location and Travel:
This position is located in Kodiak, AK. Travel may be required.
Working Environment & Conditions
This position is primarily outdoors. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The work load may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our website, please contact Memry Dahl via e-mail at email@example.com or by calling 907-261-4002 to request accommodations.