FALL 2017 Internship
Title: PHL Life Sciences Intern Division/Department: PHL Life Sciences
Reports to: PHL Life Sciences Executive Director and PHL Life Sciences Coordinator
FLSA Status: Non Exempt Last Revision Date: August 22, 2017
PHL LIFE SCIENCES INTERNSHIP OVERVIEW
The PHL Life Sciences Intern position assists and works with the division, involved in many aspects of the planning, coordination, and implementation of duties and events associated with PHL Life Sciences and the Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau (PHLCVB). The Intern will have the opportunity to network with PHLCVB contacts, including hotels and other vendors, and have the opportunity to build his/her resume and establish references from the experience and strengthen professional skills and interpersonal relationships in professional settings. The intern will experience the industry first-hand, with involvement in planning, implementing, and evaluating of assigned tasks.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBLITIES AND PROJECTS
As assigned by the Executive Director and PHL Life Sciences Coordinator, duties include the following:
- Enter and update information in the iDSS database
- File and draft correspondence, newsletter items, researching leads for life sciences conventions
- Maintain and update the PHL Life Sciences database by following up on gathered names and lists from networking events and fact checking
- Assist the PHL Life Sciences Coordinator as assigned in PHL Life Sciences events, programs, etc., sometimes off-site and during evening hours.
- Compose PowerPoint presentation content and implement social media communications
- Research new data to update the PHL Life Sciences Website
• Assist with scheduling the PHL Life Sciences committee meetings
• Monitor and draft content for PHL Life Sciences social media
• Work as assigned with PHLCVB Marketing Department, Research department, and/or Development divisions on a variety of projects and learn how the department functions in PHLCVB
• Hospitality and Tourism, Business, Marketing, Communications, Liberal Arts, Science or other related field of study required
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Must be able to meet deadlines and be a team player
Current enrollment in a four-year college/university with two years previously completed is required. Proof of satisfactory academic standing in accordance with college/university standards required. Business, Hospitality, Communications or Sciences (specific to this position only) or related major field of study required.
This internship description is not intended to be all inclusive. You will perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by your immediate supervisor(s). The administration reserves the right to change or revise the internship duties and responsibilities as the need arises.