PST is seeking a Front Office Administrator for a contract we have with the International Narcotics and Law Enforcement, U.S. Department of State in Washington, DC. The ideal candidate for this position will have two plus years of professional front office administrative experience in a high-visibility office environment. This candidate will be an out-of-the-box thinker capable of setting and adjusting priorities frequently while maintaining order in a fast pace office. The ideal candidate will combine solid people skills with the ability to communicate effectively with people from many different positions of authority.
· Schedule meetings, appointments, and conferences in accordance with superior's instructions. Remind superiors and others of scheduled events to ensure prompt and timely attendance. Reschedule appointments when it is clear that superiors will not be able to make all commitments. Contact other personnel to attend meetings in lieu of the supervisor, when necessary.
· Receive visitors and phone calls in a courteous manner. Accurately determine the nature of the request and refers callers to appropriate staff. Personally answer routine and non-technical request for information and provides correct information when routine procedural matters are involved.
· Follow-up on telephone conversations and take appropriate steps to ensure that necessary action is initiated and subsequently assures that such action is completed as quickly as possible. Follow-up and assure proper execution of all commitments made and obligations incurred in telephone conversations, personally make necessary contacts with the officials and individuals concerned.
· Make travel arrangements based on general travel intentions, known preferences of the traveler and in accordance with appropriate federal travel regulations. Schedule transportation and hotel/Government quarters reservations in a timely manner. Notify organizations and officials to be visited, keep in touch with the staff en-route, and write thank-you letters (as appropriate) after the staff member’s return. Effectively deal with security issues. Accurately prepare travel orders and travel vouchers.
· Ensure that requests for action or information are made known to responsible Office staff personnel who can satisfy the request. Decide whether important or emergency matters should be brought to the Supervisor’s attention when absent, but accessible.
· Prepare correspondence, forms, reports, cables or other documents, utilizing desktop computer word processing systems or typewriter; ensure correct punctuation, capitalization, spelling, grammar, and conformance to style.
· Prepare, maintain and consolidate time and attendance data. Ensure time and attendance data are prepared in accordance with established procedures and transmits data to payroll in a timely manner.
· Receive and review incoming mail, screening those items which can be handled personally and determine which items should be brought to the supervisor’s attention, forwarding the remainder to the staff for action. Review outgoing mail for attachments, dates and signatures. Maintain suspense records on all correspondence and action documents and follows up to ensure a timely reply or action. Ensure that all outgoing correspondence is in the proper format and in conformance with office policy and in correct grammatical composition.
· Schedule large meetings and conferences. Select time and location, notify participants, ensure that all required materials and services are provided in a timely manner, attend the meetings and take notes, and prepare reports of the proceedings.
· Establish and maintain office records of various types that may be needed or will assist in the efficient operation of the office. Ensure files have all pertinent documents and signatures. Maintain and accurately update file system to enable quick and efficient retrieval of information. Accurately purge files or perform other file disposition actions in accordance with established procedures. Effectively supervise or perform annual file inventory. Where appropriate, responsible for the accurate receipt, control, logging, safekeeping, and necessary action on all classified material received.
· Enhance the ability of the office to support overall mission requirements through performance of one or more of the following: Use database or spreadsheet software to accurately enter, revise, sort, calculate, and retrieve data for standard reports; use graphics software to provide graphic symbols, charts, and graphs for viewgraphs or paper presentations; or accurately and promptly transmit and receive documents and messages electronically using a PC or a workstation.
· Requisition office supplies, printing support, and related materials. Prepare and submit requisitions and tracks requisitions for timely completion.