Production Shift Manager
AJM Packaging Corporation is a leading manufacturer of branded and private label paper products including plates, bowls, cups, and bags. As we continue to grow and expand our operations, we are looking for a Production Shift Manager in our Southgate location (preferably on an off shit).
Position Requirements Include:
- Direct and oversee all shift activities including production and packaging operations, warehouse and shipping requirements, and machine maintenance projects.
- Prioritize and allocate any resources to ensure key metrics are met on a daily basis in safety, quality, and productivity.
- Monitor production schedules, ensure accurate inventory processes, and ensure processes effectively maintain quality specifications.
- Supervise and coach the production team members; designating work assignments, providing instruction and training, and ensure communications and teamwork throughout the shift.
- Ensure full compliance with safety and quality rules, as well as other customer and industry standards.
Experience and Education:
- Experience working in a high speed, high volume production environment, with a minimum of 5-7 years in a supervisory/leadership role.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills, as well as a commitment to positive employee relations.
- Experience working in the paper, printing, or the consumer product industry is very beneficial.
- Associates degree in business, technology, or operations. Bachelors’ degree preferred.
As an AJM employee, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package including medical insurance, short-term disability, a 401(k) plan, and paid vacation days. For more information about the benefits package for this position, please speak to a Human Resources representative during the application process.
Recognizing that the skills and passion of our employees drive our continued success, we strive to hire top talent who share our vision and values. If you are interested in joining our team and finding your place at our growing company, apply today.