Basic Job Description:
Candidate will be responsible for all aspects of machine operation and must be a self-starter and team player.
This person must be able to set up and operate the wave solder machine, flux unit, water wash unit and the Q-Machine. Their duties also include maintaining quality of soldered PC boards, inspection of product and recognizing defects based on IPC-A-610 class 2 standards. They will hand solder, touch up, and make minor repairs to PC boards. The will perform all regular cleaning of the equipment. They will Q-Machine/clip leads on soldered boards and train clippers. Wave Solder Operators will cross train and work in other areas as required by workload. Start and end times may vary depending on workload and overtime may be required.
ANY EMPLOYEE AWARDED THIS JOB WILL HAVE A TWO YEAR COMMITMENT TO THE JOB.
- perform set-up, operation, preventive maintenance, and cleaning of all related equipment
- complete basic machine troubleshooting and corrective maintenance
- prioritize workload to meet daily/weekly production needs
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-year experience in PCB assembly or equivalent
- Good communication skills
- Basic computer skills are required
- Must possess good eyesight and hand dexterity
- Must be willing to cross-train
-Must be able to comprehend assembly drawings and bills of material
- Must be able to follow set-up directions and understand product specifications
- Must be able to stand up for up to 12 hours a day
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to solder to IPC-A-610 class 2 standards
- Overtime will be required
- 1-year experience operating a wave solder machine
- 1 year of mechanics and electronics experience
- 1 year of machine operator experience