POSITION TITLE: Temporary Proposal Manager
LOCATION: Arlington, VA
UNIT / GROUP: Business Development & External Affairs
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, New Business Development
The Proposal Manager will work across the full life cycle of new business development for opportunities $1M+ from capture to proposal submission. S/he has primary responsibility for delivery of compliant and responsive proposal packages to a variety of donors in line with Winrock's new business systems and processes.
Other key responsibilities include timely and effective support to Program and Operations Groups to prepare and submit winning funding applications, fostering collaboration across organizational groups, and serving as a cross organization resource on how to best meet proposal requirements through synthesis and dissemination of lessons learned. S/he will maintain professional relationships with partner organization's business development staff and facilitate engagement of Winrock with partners. S/he will also lead a team of proposal service providers, internal and external staff, responsible for multiple aspects of proposal development and submission. Overall, s/he is responsible for assuring that Winrock's new business cycle and processes are effective and efficient, lead to successful proposal outcomes, enhance Winrock's reputation among donors and partners as well as expand sustainable funding opportunities.
- Contributes to Winrock's proposal development process to meet organization's strategic and annual new business goals. Develops and maintains Winrock proposal processes, systems, tools, and disseminates best practices.
- Coordinates Bid/No Bid Decisions for live proposals ensuring notification of all relevant stakeholders of opportunities and obtaining necessary sign offs.
- Ensures timeliness and compliance of proposals by managing proposal calendars, compliance checklists, trackers etc. Obtains sign off from all relevant stakeholders and finalizes packages for submission 24 hours before due date.
- Oversees collection and completion of all proposal components (technical, financial, management, annexes, cost share) working in collaboration with Programs, Operations and partners. Some information can be sensitive and confidential. Manages document version control, sequencing of reviews and the overall development, coordination and version control of all proposal documents.
- Maintains collaborative proposal workspace for all proposal documents.
- Provides guidance to program units on various donors and foundation funding mechanisms, such as USAID IDIQ, LWA, BAA, grants etc.
- Support Program Groups to engage with partners and negotiate roles/scopes of work in teaming agreements, technical inputs, deliverables, and budget targets. Ensures timely submissions from partners for proposals.
- Contributes to the creation and maintenance of high quality institutional proposal material, including organizational qualifications and past performance information
- Support Finance team to ensure cost proposal meets all solicitation requirements and that partner budgets are delivered on time and at agreed upon ceiling.
- Responsible for ensuring communication among all parties throughout the proposal process. Lead meetings and conference calls with expanded proposal teams, including Programs, Operations, consultants and partners ensuring adherence to proposal calendar deliverables.
- Identify bottlenecks in the process escalating accordingly to higher level, as necessary, to ensure timetable and deliverables remain on track.
- Prepare and lead post-submission evaluation sessions to glean lessons learned including obtaining feedback from donors.
- Initiate early development of cost share partnerships engaging with Partnerships and Programs to identify and engage with partners.
- Collaborates effectively with the broader External Affairs and New Business Team.
- Maintains up to date membership and professional qualifications in proposal management/business development associations
- Domestic & international travel as required by the position, and other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Background:
- Master's degree. Specialized training or certification in Proposal Management or equivalent experience is desired.
- Minimum six years of related experience preferred to perform the Major Responsibilities of the position. Substantive knowledge of USAID, FAR/AIDAR and public procurement environment as well as substantial knowledge of foreign assistance and other grant funding requirements is desired. Experience working with and obtaining funding from foundations is highly preferred.
- Good time management and organizational skills; excellent English language writing and communication skills; Proficiency with Microsoft power point, word processing and spreadsheet software are required and Graphics and Internet applications are desired.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, caste, tribe, age (40 or older), disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Winrock International recommends that you read the following notices provided by the United States Government before applying:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law - Supplement
Your Rights Under the Family and Medical Leave Act
Your Rights Under the Polygraph Protection Act
Your Rights Under the Fair Labor Standards Act