SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Logistics Center Selector is required to safely, accurately, and efficiently pick and assemble products to fulfill customer orders based on demand. This position will handle some of the Value Added Services requested by our customers for orders. Additional responsibilities of a Selector may include unloading and assembling product from inbound containers to pallets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Pick, sort, and segregate material from inbound containers and/or warehouse racks and storage locations.
· Perform some basic Value Added Service tasks to customer orders.
· Follow and understand all safety expectations designated in the Logistics Center.
· Maintain the condition of the Logistics Center in accordance with the Supply Chain Excellence Audit standards.
· Cultivate ShurTech Brands’ culture and values by promoting communication, teamwork and respectful treatment of all individuals.
· Safely operate a motorized pallet jack including performing pre-shift inspections and follow all safety rules.
· Utilize a warehouse management picking program that includes following basic radio frequency device commands.
· Assemble orders including performing some basic Value Added Services as directed by Team Lead/Coach (ex. using slip sheets, labeling, applying placards, transferring to specialty pallets, and assembling special configurations, etc.)
· Follow proper picking procedures (scanning, stacking level/auditable, minimizing damage, counting precisely, etc.)
· Adhere to radio frequency scanner and productivity procedures by always being logged into the appropriate computer programs.
· Must be able to maintain quality, accuracy, and productivity standards.
· Hand stack and/or unload product from containers/trailers onto pallets. Segregate products based on reading receiving worksheets and understanding basic stacking configuration such as the number of cases per layer and the number of layers (cases) per pallet.
· Maintain cleaning standards designated in the Logistics Center including removing bands, cardboard, excess shrink film, empty skids, damage, sweeping etc.
· Perform additional tasks based on the needs of the business as directed by Team Lead or Coach.