Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International is recruiting applicants for a Palm Oil Research Consultant. The responsibilities and qualifications are described in the attached position description.
APPLICANTS: Applicants should apply at http://www.winrock.org/page/careers-winrock. Deadline: July 17, 2017
Winrock thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates who meet all requisite criteria and are short listed will be contacted.
SCOPE OF WORK
TITLE: Palm Oil Research Consultant
LOCATION: Jakarta, Indonesia
DEPARTMENT: Clean Energy, Environment, and Water
REPORTS TO: Project Manager, Indonesia
DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT: Up to 45 days, estimated beginning date on July 31, 2017 and ending on November 30, 2017.
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. Winrock matches innovative approaches in agriculture, natural resources management, clean energy, and leadership development with the unique needs of its partners. By linking local individuals, communities, and industries with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.
Winrock is recruiting a research consultant to support a project funded by the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) to compile existing in-practice and innovative best management practices (BMPs) to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from palm oil production. A key component of this project is the development of case studies on BMPs, which will provide information to RSPO members on existing actions or plans that could be adopted or undertook to reduce emissions.
The consultant will work in close collaboration with the project team to research and compile best management practices for reducing total emission from palm oil production. Specific tasks include:
- Leading research of the different types of activities currently being undertaken in the palm oil industry;
- Assisting in the planning and selection of 5-7 selected case studies.
- Leading the development of 1-2 case studies, including travel to the case study site(s).
- Leading the drafting of the final report summarizing the findings of the case study analysis.
- Contributing to the finalization of the case study report based on reviewer comments and edits.
The applicant will be required to:
- Travel to 1-2 case study sites;
- Participate in bi-weekly update meetings with the project team;
- Address and proactively identify problems and challenges.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in palm oil and other agribusiness sectors with a deep understanding of climate change issues;
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's Degree preferred. Preferred disciplines include Agriculture, Natural Resource Management, Renewable Energy, or related field;
- Exceptional communication skills, including excellent written and spoken English and Bahasa Indonesian;
- Strong research and analysis skills, including experience conducting interviews.
- Familiar with industry certification standards such as Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO);
- Ability to maintain the highest ethical standards at all times.
- Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines.