Under the guidance of, and at the direction of the CEO, provides the financial leadership direction needed by the Matheson business entities for the planning, growth and development of initiatives and programs, resulting in efficient and cost-effective local and system-wide solutions. Provide ethical oversight of all Financial and Accounting functional activities occurring on behalf of the businesses.
Develop, direct, implement, and maintain the strategic financial planning and operational work plan to meet the strategic and tactical goals of the business plan, providing leadership to the business management team in their support in the deployment of new and current business. Develop and direct strategic solutions with a focus on operational effectiveness that supports the collective business needs and maximize the value of the Matheson organizations. Serve as the primary Financial Leader for the organization.
• Establish and maintain supportive relationships with the key leaders across the organizations, build and maintain personal and organizational trust as an irreplaceable business partner
• Build and maintain effective working relationships with executive management team and board of directors
• Meet frequently with leadership as well as customers, vendors and external consultants to appropriately plan, implement, enhance, and support business solutions.
• Practice interpersonal courtesy, creates positive first impressions, maintains appropriate contact, and evokes honesty and tact in both pleasant and unpleasant situations
• Convey respect and trust with associates as a basis for developing relationships of cooperation, collaboration, and teamwork, no matter how diverse their backgrounds, education, experience, or personal valuesStrategic Alignment
• Lead the strategic support planning process for the organization in evaluating, selecting, and funding of solutions to support their collective strategic business plans, business data needs, budget administration, staff planning, capital expenditures, management controls, and operating performance measurements
• Understand and communicate to leadership the collective financial strategic business needs of the organization
• Partner with leaders to define dashboards for operating performance and a mechanism for regular financial reporting to our customers
• Collaboratively develop and then enforce the use of a financial methodology for business case development for all substantive projects in preparation for submission and decision by the board of directors
• Provide timely follow up on all completed projects to re-measure value created to committed benefits realization
• Monitor compliance with established financial policies, procedures, guidelines, and standards
• Provide financial leadership, strategic support and identify opportunities for collaboration company-wideLeadership and Fiscal Management
• Provide executive management with advice on the financial impact of business activities
• Provide strong leadership and management guidance to Accounting/finance staff, creating the collaborative teamwork and organizational infrastructure necessary to implement strategies and operations within the context of the strategic plan
• Responsible for hiring, appraising, coaching, and disciplining the Accounting/Finance team
• Establish and monitor the goal-setting and priorities for the Financial Management team , including improving operational effectiveness and achieving efficiencies with enabling technology and information
• Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization
• Monitor resource requirements, reporting structures, and business practices for Accounting/Finance staff to help ensure they are being addressed based upon technologies, solutions and services implemented, and business needs.
• Provide leadership direction needed evaluate the impact of long-range planning, the implementation of programs and strategies and regulatory requirements
• Oversee the fiduciary responsibilities for budgets and advocate for operational efficiencies and cost-effective decisions related to internal operations and the solutions and services delivered
• Identify opportunities for cost savings in coordination with operational and system-wide leaders
• Manage relevant capital budget purchases and processes according to fiscal guidelines
• Ensure compliance with policies, process, and standards related to budgeting, fiscal reporting, asset purchasing, and cost-effectiveness
• Optimize and manage the banking and investment relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position
• Develop and manage a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism
• Ensure appropriate insurance coverage is provided and maintainedCustomer Service
• Understand the strategic and business needs of our clients, service lines, and operational capabilities
• Develop and implement common financial support strategies that ensure expectations are met in a cost-effective, service-oriented manner
• Build a spirit of teamwork, i.e. esprit de corps, between Matheson and customers through continuous communication, alignment of objectives, support, clarification of roles, and delivery on commitments
• Participate in the development and execution of common support strategies, workflows, and resourcing for meeting service level expectations and agreements