REPORTS TO: Conference Set-up & Services Manager
The Conference Setup and Services Team Member provides impeccable guest service to conference groups through precise room/event set-ups, professional and friendly communication, prompt follow-through on requests, and by maintaining a high level of service throughout guests' stay. Other responsibilities include deliveries to guest accommodations and maintaining cleanliness in designated public spaces.
• Exhibit superior guest service abilities through clear, professional and friendly interactions.
• Possess incredible attention to detail.
• Possess physical ability to lift chairs, tables, guest deliverable items weighing up to 50 pounds and to get in and out of vehicles multiple times daily.
• Ability to thrive in a work environment that is never the same day twice, appreciate a team comprised of experience from varied international cultures, be self-motivated and have pride in a job well done.
• Work varied schedules; day, evening and weekend flexibility required.
• Execute conference set-up orders accurately and in a time-sensitive manner, assisting with the set-up and break-down of meeting room spaces and the continued servicing of conference groups during their stay.
• Transport deliverable items to guest accommodations in timely manner.
• Clean and maintain designated public spaces.
• Perform all work according to the standards established by supervisors.
• Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members and staff.
• Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies and programs.
• Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions.
• Promote a cooperative, positive and problem-solving atmosphere at all times.
• Ability to work cooperatively with others in a diverse environment.
• Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
• Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
• Preferable to possess a valid, USA state issued driver's license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
• Assist Equipment Manager with carpet/floor care.
• All other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
NOTE: Based on business needs, you may be required to work in other Departments and/or our other Center.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
• Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
• Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs
• Possess excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional
• Support the Association safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff
• Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse environment
• May be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, depending on the position
• Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards
Two uniform polo shirts will be provided for you. You need to provide/wear your own comfortable, closed-toe shoes and black pants. Sweatpants or yoga type pants will not be permitted.
This is a seasonal, hourly (based on 40 hours/week) position, paying $220/week, with employee perks including:
• Room (shared room in our staff dormitory with free wifi and no bills!)
• Board (3 buffet-style meals per day, 7 days per week)
• Access to the YMCA of the Rockies facilities, which include: an indoor pool, basketball gymnasium, fitness classes, tennis courts, mini-golf, trails, roller rink, library, and an art center
• Free gear rentals for sports and outdoor activities
• Employee programming, including free or discounted staff trips, provided by the Resident Office
• Other employee perks and discounts, including:
o Free passes for skiing, rock climbing, mountain biking, and golf (dependent on season and resort)
o 20% Discount at our General Store, Rustic cafÃ©, and Jackson Stable horseback rides
o Discounts at local merchants
• Discounted nights at YMCA of the Rockies lodges (with some date restrictions based on season/occupancy)
We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol or drugs on property; in addition, no drug use is tolerated (including marijuana) during your employment with us whether on- or off-duty.
You must submit three references with your application, including their name, phone number and email address.
Two references must be someone who know you professionally (former or current manager, supervisor, teacher, professor, coach, pastor, etc.) and one reference must be a family member.
If you are a rehire and have worked at YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center, Snow Mountain Ranch, or Camp Chief Ouray at any time during the past three years, references are not required.
ABOUT THE YMCA OF THE ROCKIES:
The YMCA of the Rockies operates two year-round family resorts and conference centers on each side of Rocky Mountain National Park: Estes Park Center located in Estes Park, CO; Snow Mountain Ranch located in Winter Park, CO; and Camp Chief Ouray, a summer resident camp for kids located on the Snow Mountain Ranch property.
The Estes Park Center is the largest YMCA conference center in the world. At nearly 900 acres in size and serving over 200,000 guests each year, a dedicated team of individuals work to provide guests with a world-renowned experience.
We employ people of all ages, from across the country and the world, who want to experience the mountains and support our healthy spirit, mind, and body mission. Join us!
Please call our HR office at 970-586-3341 x1032, or email firstname.lastname@example.org